Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ponts of Interest
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ponts of Interest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Ponts of Interest Reply with quote

I have recently purchaced Navigator 3 Software for my Acer N30 pocket pc and now wishing to add speed camera software to the points of interest. I downloaded check point from this site and using sync sent it to my pocket pc. Unfortunately when it installed it said there was no exe. file and I was therefore unable to run it. I am probably doing something really stupid and hoped someone may be able to offer some guidance.
Thank you. Phil

I have only just joined so if I am in the wrong forum please accept my apologies
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and Welcome

The CheckPOInt forum would have been better - but this one seems to get a lot of CheckPOInt questions. Don't repost - if you want, I'll move this thread there.

If you download Pocket PC software in a .exe file, usually you run the .exe and that installs the software through ActiveSync. Software that you copy to the Pocket PC and execute there is usually shipped in a .cab file.

CheckPOInt works via the former route - you run the installer on your PC and it installs through ActiveSync.

David
Philly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you David. I would be grateful if you could repost the thread to the correct forum as I am still having difficulty. Looks like I need a step by step instruction from someone. I ran the checkpoint from my pc and then it stated that it would download it to the next portable devise connected. As soon as I connected with sync it did download but still does not operate. It has a red exlamation mark on the program logo suggesting something is wrong. I then have to do a hard boot to remove it from my handheld as it could not be renoved in the normal way. Can anyone please help this novice.

Thanks in anticipation

Phil
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you had it installed correctly - it's just not that intuitive to set up.

Reinstall CheckPOInt (version 2.0.2 from our download area is recommended if you want to use the Pocket GPS World camera database). When you've installed it, run it, and go to your Today screen - the CheckPOInt icon will be at the bottom right. You can tap and hold on that icon, at which point you can go through the various menus to configure it.

Does that help?

David
Philly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David I have re installed check point version 2.0.2 as you suggested and have been able to go through the varous menus to configure it. I could only configure the first two menus however as the remainder where greyed out?

Could you please tell me where i need to download the safety camera data to ( including the sound files) in order for it to shown / heard during navigation of a route.

Thank you in anticipation

Phil
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The POI files go in the same folder as your map data - which is usually on a storage card.

The sounds can go anywhere you like.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: