Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ALK Customer Service
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ALK Customer Service

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carlwi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: ALK Customer Service Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad
I'm really getting naffed off with ALK now. I've had a problem with my license every since I installed the latest update. I've emailed ALK several times at both the Activatecp@alk.com, activate@alk.com and the Europe customer service email address and each time they never reply back.

I know poeple are reading them at the other end as I have a raft of read receipts from individuals there. I really do think now that I should have bitten the bullet and gone down the TT Mobile route as so far ALK's support and customer service have been appaling.

Has anyone else out there had similar poblems getting the license deactivated and reactivated? and if so how did you get them to listen.

Carl.
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: ALK Customer Service Reply with quote

carlwi wrote:
Has anyone else out there had similar poblems getting the license deactivated and reactivated?

It might not be the same problem as you are having but I tried to activate the license on the phone but it turns out that my email address was too long. I tried again with a shorter address and it worked fine. Maybe that is the trouble you are having?

Good luck!
stuartm
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: ALK Customer Service Reply with quote

carlwi wrote:
Has anyone else out there had similar poblems getting the license deactivated and reactivated? and if so how did you get them to listen.

Give them a ring, 02074 044222.
Venompeter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a "licence error", turned out to be that the time was set wrong on the phone (because I had had to pull the battery when it crashed when autoscanning for the GPS)

ALK customer support is worse than useless, 2 enquiries via the website and one via email in the past week have still drawn no replies whatsoever despite their "usually reply with 24 hours" policy. I had to work out the above myself

Peter
Venompeter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slight amendment to the message above- the ALK telephone help when I rang was extremely good today, promptly answered and technically useful although they did have information that should have been put on the website (that anyoneusing the Orange upgrade from a few weeks ago will have to re-register for instance),

However the emails are still unanswered.

Peter

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: