Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Android App still not working
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Android App still not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superref_63
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:13 am    Post subject: Android App still not working Reply with quote

Been a while but the App on my Samsung still not working - seems no point having in on my Samsung S21

Is there ever going to be a update?
dapprman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last update was December 2015 !! so I suspect we'll never be seeing another update.

I did ping them a support ticket last year as it's buggy on OnePlus phones and they inferred they were looking at it due to issues particularly on Samsung phones but the complete lack of anything for so long leaves me feeling like that's it for the app. Under the latest version of Android it will not even start (got an old phone I run it on at present).
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As each old phone gets replaced and the newer replacement phone likely to have Android 10 or 11 then CA won't start. It actually fails trying to load the initial splash screen.

I've had a look and Android 10 and 11 has updated libraries and entry points so CA fails to load the necessary as it can't find or load what it's looking for.

Android Studio does have a conversion suite but without the full source code including the all important gradle files it would take an Android expert to convert to AndroidX.

Fortunately there is a worthy app in Speedtrap Alert that works perfectly OK with the PGPSW database.

It's worth sticking here because even Google mapping is out of touch with new and removed cameras. I've been testing Google Maps of late and I've passed many sites that have obsolete or non existent camera sites.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: