Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Kia Ceed TEch 4 2012 (62 reg) - spped cams?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Kia Ceed TEch 4 2012 (62 reg) - spped cams?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NAVTEQ Digital Map Data
View previous topic :: View next topic  
binkey13
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Kia Ceed TEch 4 2012 (62 reg) - spped cams? Reply with quote

Apparently this Nav unit is a Navteq, map database Aug 2012 _311E7AF
unike my old Qashqai there is no 'update poi's' option in menu
Kia Nav apparently sell an update via a usb stick (there is no sd slot on front of unit, i think its in rear) and this is £169 for map updates - (must include an executable file on usb stick to upload to system)
I want pocketgps speed cams - been a member for ages, anyone know how to add to this unit?
THANKS!
slatey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,kia has a forum [/http://www.kiaownersclub.co.uk/forum/] which has information on this question
arrow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:47 pm    Post subject: NavTeq (newly renamed HERE !!) Reply with quote

I too have this problem on a new Kia Cee'd 4Tech, I'd like to be able to upload map and speed camera data via a USB? (is this the same port that I can use to play music???)

Apparently NavTeq supply the data (they say updated daily) to 'Vendors' and they then supply to users quarterly, but at £165 my unit won't be getting updates, so basically its going to be a bloody waste of space, unless someone knows where NavTeq (HERE) data can be downloaded elsewhere?? Does this site provide data for this platform?? Crying or Very sad
arrow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted on the Kia owners forum, as suggested but although others are sharing tales of woe, nobody from Kia has taken the opportunity to reply with an explanation.

Out of date maps and no POI adding or speed camera capability; thats not a navigation devise, it's a large lump of useless dashboard.

I have no idea who reads either forum but it would be nice to think that 'your' cars' manufacturer reads their own owners forum and uses feedback, but that's obviously NOT the case.

Upset and angry.
arrow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well apologies, it seems Kia have replied in the past and have just reiterated that reply, but unfortunately made no difference whatever as the reply didn't sort anything.

So I and plenty of others have a dash screen GPS which is (or will soon be) out of date mapwise, doesn't take user POI and doesn't show speed camera data.

Are they any techies out there who can (or know someone who can?) upload such data to these units, even if this negates any manufacturers warranty??

I can find nothing in the company data that explains how to update the map, and am currently assuming the USB port is capable of being used for this?

HERE, aren't currently offering any assistance or even a new map either

Crying or Very sad

Can anybody help???
bigricho
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys (and Girls).

I am waiting to take delivery of a Kia Venga, so have been avidly hunting around the internet for things such as map updates and loading of POI's and Speed Cameras.

I haven't found any information as yet on the POI and Speed Camera issues, but one of the first things I found was how to update your maps

http://kia.navigation.com/home/en_GB/KiaEMEA/EUR

This website gives you instructions on how to update your maps.

http://press.kia.com/eu/press/products/kia%20launches%207-year%20map/

Appears to suggest that map upgrades should be free with every service
Simbo_Wales
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/car-navi-system/car-gps-systems/
tiddler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject: NAVTEQ Digital Map Data Reply with quote

The above posts suggest you can download and update your Kia Ceed maps. This is true but you need a code to install it, you can only get that by, buying the map at £169. Also they say there is an update free in Europe. I'm begining to think we are not fully in Europe as in Britain you have to again have to pay £169 at you dealers. Big con trick. Sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NAVTEQ Digital Map Data All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: