Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Check Point poi's or Pocket gps poi's
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Check Point poi's or Pocket gps poi's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sanjay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject: Check Point poi's or Pocket gps poi's Reply with quote

Hi, I am using Checkpoint 3.2 with TT 3.
Should I continue with the poi's that come with Checkpoint (from POI Place) or replace them with the PocketGPS poi's or use both. ?
Thanks
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sanjay,

It’s down to personal choice and the type/category of the POI itself. When I first looked for POIs, I found that there were two different ideals in publishing POIs:

POIplace creates a category and asks all of its members to add POIs as they find them, therefore some POIs will not contain many locations.

PocketGPS World tends to publish POIs that have all or nearly all locations. This is because individual members research POIs of their interest and once the members are happy that they have all locations for a POI then they submit them to PocketGPS World.

Personally, I tend to find that the POIs that I am interested in, are more accurate from PocketGPS World. However as I said above, it is a personal choice so try both and use the ones that best suit your requirements.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
sanjay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert

thanks for the reply. I will do as you suggest.
Another point ... in Checkpoint, in the not synchronised section, all the Pocket Gps poi's ( I use mainly the speed cameas) that i have chosen are there, but there is no image ... is this normal ?

Regards

Sanjay
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sanjay,

CheckPOInt 3.2 is a completely different program to 2.02. You should hopefully see the .bmp icons within TTNav, however I don't think that you will see them in CheckPOInt 3.2 itself. This is because it is unsynchronised.

So to answer your question, yes it probably is normal but a user of CheckPOInt 3.2 could confirm this.

Most people here run CheckPOInt 2.02 or GPSAssist. I know that the later versions of GPSAssist actually display the .bmp icon as well as displaying the name of the .ov2 file and the actual POI.

Regards,

Bo Peep.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sanjay wrote:
in Checkpoint, in the not synchronised section, all the Pocket Gps poi's ( I use mainly the speed cameas) that i have chosen are there, but there is no image ... is this normal ?
Yes, that's normal, it's to indicate that the POIs are not synchronized with the server, and hence aren't available to others.

As for which database to use - I find that if you want to visit the nearest POI within a category, then either is fine, but if for example you want to visit a particular POI, then the ones on this site are normally better as they include a name and details of the POI - CheckPOInt ones contain no text details, and therefore it's easier to select a particular Sainsburys, or a particular National Trust property from the files on this site than from CheckPOInt. In fact, I only use CheckPOInt for things where I want the nearest POI.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo Peep wrote:
CheckPOInt 3.2 is a completely different program to 2.02. You should hopefully see the .bmp icons within TTNav, however I don't think that you will see them in CheckPOInt 3.2 itself. This is because it is unsynchronised.
Oh, and yes, you will see the icons within TTNav, and when CheckPOInt warns you in its window whilst in Navigator, it's just within the configuration sections of CheckPOInt that the icons do not occur.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: