Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How does the PocketGPSWorld camera database work? Volvo V40
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How does the PocketGPSWorld camera database work? Volvo V40

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
azibux1
Occasional Visitor


Joined: Jul 29, 2013
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: How does the PocketGPSWorld camera database work? Volvo V40 Reply with quote

Hi,

I have recently purchased a Volvo V40 and was wondering if PocketGPSWord.com sells/supplies a suitable POI file in gpx format for displaying UK speed cameras on the Volvo V40 built in sat nav?

Also how does it work, does the car have to be on the nav screen, navigating to a destination for an alert to be shown or will it work regardless?

Is it also a visual alert or audible? Or both?

Hope someone can help

Many thanks, Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man


Joined: Apr 04, 2006
Posts: 10118
Location: Bexhill, South Sussex, UK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do a .gpx file.
Quote:
Also how does it work, does the car have to be on the nav screen,
I would expect so, otherwise how would you see the alerts
Quote:
navigating to a destination for an alert to be shown
You probably won't have to be navigating to a destination
Quote:
Is it also a visual alert or audible? Or both?
Does the handbook not say anything. Our installation instructions refer the user to the car handbook.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
azibux1
Occasional Visitor


Joined: Jul 29, 2013
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
We do a .gpx file.
Quote:
Also how does it work, does the car have to be on the nav screen,
I would expect so, otherwise how would you see the alerts
Quote:
navigating to a destination for an alert to be shown
You probably won't have to be navigating to a destination
Quote:
Is it also a visual alert or audible? Or both?
Does the handbook not say anything. Our installation instructions refer the user to the car handbook.


Thanks for the response

With regards to being on the nav screen or not, I asked the question as I wasn't sure whether it would be audible or not. I see you have the 'voice pack samples' on your website, are the voice packs included as part of the gpx file?

Also I will take a look at the car handbook Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message







Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Make a Donation



CamerAlert Database

Click here for the PocketGPSWorld.com Speed Camera Database

Download Speed Camera Database
21.115 (29 Nov 23)



WORLDWIDE SPEED CAMERA SPOTTERS WANTED!

Click here to submit camera positions to the PocketGPSWorld.com Speed Camera Database


12mth Subscriber memberships awarded every week for verified new camera reports!

Submit Speed Camera Locations Now


CamerAlert Apps



iOS QR Code






Android QR Code







Terms & Privacy


GPS Shopping