Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Global Positioning Systems crap customer services
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Global Positioning Systems crap customer services

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brum1969
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Global Positioning Systems crap customer services Reply with quote

I purchased a Fortuna clip-on GPS receiver a few days ago from Global Positioning Systems. It had been unable to hold a Bluetooth connection for more that 3 minutes, so I contacted their support department about it.

After trying several times to get through to their technical department, I eventually got through and was advised by Andy to switch to NMEA 4800 COM5. I did not think this would fix the problem as I was having trouble with Bluetooth. I tried this and surprise surprise, the Bluetooth paring dies after 3 minutes.

I phoned back a day later and after being on hold for 20 minutes, got through to someone who asked me to pair it with my laptop. I could tell that he had no idea how to fix the problem and just wanted me off the phone. I told him that I would check it and ring again this morning if it did not work.

The laptop pairing did not work so I rang at 8.25 the following morning to speak to a techie. After being on hold for 45 MINUTES, I gave up.

This level of service is ABYSMAL and it should be taken into account when purchasing equipment from Global Positioning Systems. Why have a technical support department if you can't get through to them? And after getting through to them, they try to get you off the phone so they can talk to the next person ASAP!!

The director Simon Pitts was sorry about the delays but stated that it was not typical. I can testify that this level of service IS typical due to my many phone calls.

So to summarise, if you want low cost products and you don't require prompt customer service, go with Global Positioning Systems. If you are new to GPS or require a higher level of service, pay a bit extra and find a different supplier.

This is my PERSONAL opinion and should be taken as such.

Regards
Brum1969

*ED - Edited - Please keep posts factual and not try to insult or create personal attacks as it doesn't help state your case.
gracar
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would guess that the BT receiver is timing out because it's not connected. Try COM 8 at 3800 Baud
gracar
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or even 38400 Baud....can't read or write I'm afraid!
brum1969
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham,

Thanks for your reply!!

I have tried many different setting and speeds including NMEA 4800/38400 & SiRF 4800/38400 with the same result. The problem seems to be that the unit has a Bluetooth problem.

I have now sent it back to Global Positioning Systems for a refund.

Anybody recommend any other supplier with a good level of customer service?

Brum1969

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: