Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bondi699
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help adobbing,the cfg file works fine.
Andy I have no exact preference regarding working of the cfg i was just wanting to have a little tinker around with editing if it was possible.
So one last question is it possible to get the symbol to display in the top left corner as seen on the screen shot on the first page of this thread.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The camera warning that used to pop up on the earlier versions no longer works, to be honest it worked very well with the iPhone 3/ 3GS but with the release of the Retina screen devices it never really looked right, so rather than fix the error TomTom simply deleted it - Mike
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been away using a (now dead) in-car system. My iPhone 3GS is upgraded to OS6.1.2 and I'm looking at DiskAid 6.2.2

I can see inside the iPhone again. You mention a POI folder. Is this the one at Storage/Apps/W. Europe/Library/Application Support/Navigator/Content/poi ?

If so, I'll have a play.

But the Tomtom cameras are still where they were in Storage/Apps/W. Europe/WEurope.app/Western_Europe/~

Will it still work if the PGPSW stuff is put in the same place as the Tomtom cameras (and the TT ones deleted). Or should they go in the poi folder now?
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgould wrote:
But the Tomtom cameras are still where they were in Storage/Apps/W. Europe/WEurope.app/Western_Europe/~
I don't have an IPhone, but according to the screen shot on Page 1, they go where the TT offerings are.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's where I used to put them, but someone has suggested the poi folder. The one I found is the only one I can see. I was wondering if there's any difference or advantage in doing one or the other.

Since the upgrade on my iPhone to OS6 a while back, I lost the PGPSW database at that point and only had CamerAlert. But with it in the background of TT on my iPhone 3GS the battery/charger couldn't cope as it needs to power the TT GPS holder too. So I rarely used it.

So I have been away from the various forums for a while and using my built-in satnav in the car, which was out of date and then failed altogether.

So now, two projects. One to get the iPhone TT working and the other to install a new satnav in the car.
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
Aerovision
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P - I posted such a request a couple of years ago, but to no response.

I have always wanted a mapsettings.cfg file whereby the speed camera warnings alert whether you have a TomTom route planned or not.

If I know where I am going, I don't need TomTom for directions, but it is really useful to have the alerts - and listen to music on the iPhone n the meantime.

Mind you, I must thank both Alistair and Mike for the .cfg files that they have made available; and fortheir respective help over the years.

Kind regards,
Ian
s3dbw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Problems Reply with quote

Guys,

Just upgraded to V1.13, placed all the ov2, png, ogg files from my previous working version in the POI folder and copied across the previously working cfg folder which had been created using a Go740. All worked in V1.9 but so far no warnings.

Am I missing something?

Cheers
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you followed the instructions on Page 1:
Quote:
... next we need to configure the POI warnings which isn't as easy as other TomTom products as there isn't a "Warn When Near POI" option available on the iPhone - Help is at hand though....

The new mapsettings.cfg is next, take care as to which folder you put this file in to as it must go in the exact folder as shown below, it does not go in the same folder as the POI files.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mapsettings.cfg MUST be added to the correct folder as identified in my original post, in addition the TomTom must NOT be running, even if it is running in the background this will prevent the new mapsettings.cfg file taking effect - Mike
s3dbw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies, in response to both
1. Yes followed instructions, had this working fine for some time using previous version of TomTom
2. TomTom was not running in background when file added as from previous experience I know this causes problems

Something else obviously amiss, just wondered if there was something obvious with the new app as they added a POI folder, just wondered if something else was different.

Thanks anyway

regards
MrGumby
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s3dbw wrote:
Thanks for the replies, in response to both
1. Yes followed instructions, had this working fine for some time using previous version of TomTom
2. TomTom was not running in background when file added as from previous experience I know this causes problems

Something else obviously amiss, just wondered if there was something obvious with the new app as they added a POI folder, just wondered if something else was different.

I think you'll find that mapsettings.cfg goes in W. Europe/Documents/Western Europe folder and everything else (ov2, ogg, bmp or png) in W. Europe/Documents/poi folder

Will be different folder names if you're not using western europe maps, of course.
nazp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Database on Android Reply with quote

I know this is not the place to ask this question but have moved to Android and wondered since seeing Mike has moved to Android is there a way to put the camera database on Android?
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, just install it from APPStore. If you already have a PGPSW account just link your account to the new installation. You can have it on up to three devices. If it tells you 'Too many devices' or somesuch, raise a support ticket to get one or more redundant devices removed from your account.
nazp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI M8TJT,

I should have said the PGPSW database. Can this be put into an Android device using DiskAid in the same way as it can with the iPhone?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nazp wrote:
HI M8TJT,

I should have said the PGPSW database. Can this be put into an Android device using DiskAid in the same way as it can with the iPhone?

On Android you have access to the files as you would with, say, a USB memory stick, so extra software like DiskAid is not required.

As to whether you can install custom POIs onto the Android version of TomTom I have no idea...

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 39 of 42

Jump to: