Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI Files on Garmin 2595LMT problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI Files on Garmin 2595LMT problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beepilot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: POI Files on Garmin 2595LMT problem Reply with quote

I have downloaded several Categories of POI files to my PC and apparently successfully downloaded them to the 2595 using Garmin's POI Loader. However I can't find them on the 2595 under Where To/Categories/Other Categories/Custom POIs. Am I looking in the wrong place or is this the POI Loader bug whereby it only works if you copy them to an SD card.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you used POILoader you would have noticed the filename it gave by default to the file under the 'Choose a name for the .......... ". Use the name here, or what you changed it to.

Do a search on your device using this filename.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
beepilot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the one reply but I'm still struggling with this. I have now used the POILoader to download the POIs to a SD card on the 2595 rather than direct o memory. I can see that on the SD it has created GARMIN/POI/Garmin POI. If I try to look at the contents of Garmin POI it tells me that Windows cannot open the file because it is a .gpi file so it looks to me that the POILoader has worked although I can't see the contents of the file. Also when I start the 2595 it tells me that New Extras have been found on card do I want to transfer to the device so again something seems to have worked. But I still can't see the exrtra POIs on the 2595. When I go to "Where to" I have six main options and three more namely Categories/Favourites/History none of which show Extras. Under Categories there is Custom POIs but that doesn't include my downloaded POIs.
Does anyone with a 2595LMT know how this should work as any any info on where I'm going wrong on this would be more than appreciated.
malc77
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Garmin 2595LMT -Is there a real problem??? Reply with quote

I am just about to buy the Garmin2595LMT mentioned as having a problem in this thread.
Is there a genuine problem - or have other members got speedcam locations from Pocket GPS World to load OK onto their units please?

Thanks,
Malcolm.
cjyoung
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 2595LMT and find the POILoader works fine. On the PC I have a folder structure POIs/Custom with sub-folders such as Family, Work. Within each sub-folder I have either GPX a file (created from Extra POI Editor - http://turboccc.wikispaces.com/Extra_POI_Editor) or CSV and associated bmp files e.g. downloaded from other web sites.

Then after running the POI Loader I can access the POIs on my 2595 via Where To?/Categories/, scroll down to Other Categories and select Custom POIs.

They appear under a list of names that correspond to the folder name on the PC.

You can also download .gpi files from the web, e.g. for Sainsburys stores, and I put these files in the POIs folder on the PC i.e. at the same level as the Custom sub-folder. These then appear on the 2595 in the Other Categories area under the Custom POIs entry.

No doubt there are other ways of structuring the folders, etc on the PC, but this works for me at the moment.

HTH,

Chris
malc77
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks, I'll give it a go.
dunk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Pois in Garmin 2595 Reply with quote

Hi just browsing the site and maybe I'm too late with this subject but on my latest Garmin nuvi 2595 LMT It's Where to?-Categories the scroll down to Custom POIs. It's between Other categories and Search tools between two thick blue lines!
Regards
dunc
dunk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: POIs in Garmin 2595 Reply with quote

Sorry I appear to have overlooked C.J.Youngs same reply.
Sorry
Regards dunk
briwy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too had a problem initially loading the cameras and other POIs as POI Loader wasn't recognising the 2595.
I had to load directly to the SD card in the PC and then load from that on the 2595 as mentioned previously.
Found the solution to get POI Loader to see the 2595 here.

"from your main screen got into your master volume screen and touch and hold the top right corner of the screen. After about 5 to 10 seconds you will get the diagnostic page. Scroll down to and select MTP settings. Check Mass Storage then save and exit all the way out. You now have access to the missing folders."

Now works OK and Windows Explorer sees it as a drive.
Hope this helps anyone with the same problem. Seems strange that Garmin set up it up like this.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: