Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom App 9.401 - Released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom App 9.401 - Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hijacker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theripper wrote:
I haven't been following this problem as I don't have a live version, but has anybody thought that the variations to the time to connect could be caused by something as simple as having no 3g signal, the same as when I listen to LBC on my tablet whilst driving around Dorset(the signal comes and goes)

There's no 3G where I live and connection is now up and running in about 1min. Previously it was 4 or 5mins.
jonbaker12345
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that on the Tomtom discussions forum there are people who have downloaded 9.041 onto Go x50 Live devices and are having problems - no Live services, no computer voices, looping reboots.

Has anyone on here had any similar problems after installing 9.041?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not on a GO950 here..

Live Services OK
Computer voices OK
No increase in re-boots.

But on my Go940, I'm getting intermittent connection to LIVE services - they keep coming and going during a journey.
Fibre
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just down loaded 9.401 to both devices 750Live and 740Live
Why?
Had no choice with the 750 as the tick box was greyed out.

But I thought it only affected the 740 and the Live services.

Just tried them both
Phone--
Phone conections working OK on both 740 and 750.

Live Conections --
The 750L seems to be working OK and able to connect.
The 740L cannot connect - please try later.

I have waited 1/4 hour and tried again -- same -- is it me or a general fault., with the 740L

What do we do next !!!
Maurice
MRCC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rickj2903 wrote:
I already have complained and I think the more users that do the better, the response that I got was that they had "had no other reports of delays connecting to Live services" and that 5-6 minutes was an acceptable time to wait.

I strongly disagree with TT - 6minutes is way too long. I pay the Live subscription so i can use HD traffic to minimize journey times. Waiting 6minutes before setting off is guaranteeing your journey will take longer than it should! Or if you set off anyway you might be heading into a big delay or driving the wrong way.

Also with the frequent reboots i sometimes get on my 540 waiting 6 minutes for it to pick up the traffic again each time will mean i'm spending too much time driving blind. When i tried the previous 9.058 i found that after a reboot it would recalulate the route straight away and send me back into the traffic jam it was previously trying to avoid. After the 6mins the traffic would reappear again and the route would change again - On one journey it had me changing direction completey several times and added a good 30mins to the journey. On 8.371 it seems to remember the route after a reboot and doesn't recalculate, before the traffic comes through again (unless you take a wrong turn).

I suppose i better try 9.401 to see if it is more stable.
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theripper wrote:
I haven't been following this problem as I don't have a live version, but has anybody thought that the variations to the time to connect could be caused by something as simple as having no 3g signal, the same as when I listen to LBC on my tablet whilst driving around Dorset(the signal comes and goes)

I switch on my XL Live IQ every morning weather to goto the office or to do a delivery job. With the 9.058 navcore also now with the 9.401 the time varies between 2mins and 5mins as i live in a strong 3g area it's not down to that, what it seems to me is the amount of traffic problems swamping the server. What do others think?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a NavCore issue not the amount of data traffic. When the problem first arose switching back to an old navcore fixed it. Loading the new NavCore broke it. Simple.
Greenglide
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it is 3G and the strength of the signal doesnt seem to make any difference.

Got a telephone call from a support person who seemed interested - we wait and see!
davemcwish
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Just tried this with my 940 Live Reply with quote

I have just upgraded to the new software (9.401) as the prior one (9.400) disabled all live services. I got the traffic bar with the moving circle, it continued for about 5 minutes and then the entire bar disappeared. After about 10 minutes, the traffic bar appears then disappears again. If I select HD Traffic, I get the error:-

There is something wrond with your SIM card. Please contact TomTom customer support. Error Code: 148
Greenglide
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I strongly disagree with TT - 6minutes is way too long. I pay the Live subscription so i can use HD traffic to minimize journey times. Waiting 6minutes before setting off is guaranteeing your journey will take longer than it should! Or if you set off anyway you might be heading into a big delay or driving the wrong way.

After placing a support call and emailing the CEO the customer support representative agreed after a long and detailed conversation (I really laid it on thick with both the support incident and the email) that over 5 minutes was really not reasonable, they had broken it "again" and since NavCore 8.x it had never worked properly.

Seemed genuinely concerned and wants various information from the device for their technical staff.

Is it normal for TT to ring back from a support call or was it the email to the CEO that triggered this?
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All LIVE devices use GPRS or 2G technology, NOT 3G technology. You can test this by listening to the device interfere with the radio if close enough, 3G frequencies do not interfere with the car radio signal!

So performance should be the same in a rural town as with a major city. As long as there is a decent Vodafone signal, the performance is the same.

Steven

iPhone 12
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can look at the strength of the received signal under network status, see lots of bars and connected to network and the traffic bar does not appear. Nothing to do with the signal strength.

As others have said the slow start is a pain but it is the long recovery from the loss of a signal whilst driving when it clears all the existing received traffic information that causes the big problems.
Fibre
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still will not connect to Live services with the 740L

don't get the red screen now just the blue bar at the top.
-- and the voice "cannot connect to tomto liv services - please try layer"
checked the signal strength 6 satellites

Is it still broke?

Maurice
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satellite signal has nothing to do with the LIVE Services. Can you reboot your unit (till you hear the drum sounds).

Do you still get the problem not connecting to LIVE Services then?
Fibre
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
Satellite signal has nothing to do with the LIVE Services. Can you reboot your unit (till you hear the drum sounds).

Do you still get the problem not connecting to LIVE Services then?
Tried that -- still dont work.
This is a Bu***r

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: