Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Best place to load US camera updates - internal or microSDHC
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Best place to load US camera updates - internal or microSDHC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJHold
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Best place to load US camera updates - internal or microSDHC Reply with quote

Following advice on this forum - thanks guys - I have purchased a GO 950 Live which I have set up with European maps on the internal memory and North America maps on an 8G microSDHC card. I have also backed up and updated as per this forum.

My query is what is the correct way to connect the TOMTOM to update the USA speed camera info - I can connect to HOME using either Internal memory (which is where the System software and European maps are) or via the 8G micro SDHC card (which is where the North America maps are).

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Regards

DaveJH
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The speedcam database has to go in the map folder for which it is intended. So the US speedcam data has to go in the North America maps folder.

You don't need to use HOME for this at all though.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, are you thinking of the PocketGPS World camera database, or TomTom's own offering?

I think Darren is referring to the PGPSW one, but if you are talking about TT's own, then you DO need to use Home to download and install them.

If that's the case, then I would suggest you select the SD card when Home starts, as the camera files still need to go into the relevant map folder.

But to be honest, it probably doesn't matter... Home is not the brightest piece of software in the world and it has a tendency to put ALL it's camera files into ALL the map folders anyway, regardless of what location you set at the beginning!
DJHold
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Thanks for your help - problem sorted Reply with quote

Darren. Andy_P

Thanks for your help - the TomTom update of US speedcamera etc is now loaded OK.

I shall get round to installing the PGPS databases once I have given the system a work out.

DaveJH
satsam
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Best place to load US camera updates - internal or microSDHC Reply with quote

DJHOLD I have the same set up and what I do is connect the unit and select internal memory and update it. Then I select operate my GO and change the map to the North America then update it after which on selecting to operate my GO again it offers to change back to Europe Map, select yes and you are done.

Hope this helps. Laughing
DJHold
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Thanks for help with setting up my GO 950 Live Reply with quote

Satam

Thanks - that is exactly what I have done and it works fine.

Very please so this the GO 950 Live so far, as recomemnded on this forum.

It worked particlulrly well on Saturday pm when travelling down M40 trying to keep ahead of the snow - before we booked into a Premier Inn and simply watched the white stuff settle - a sensible, warm and comfortable move.

DaveJH

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: