Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CP5 Live Service
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CP5 Live Service
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
prusling
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: CP5 Live Service Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm another who has just received CP5, and so far I'm very pleased with it - albeit after only one trip! I am also only presented with Male TTS and Female wav options but the Male voice is fine.

The one aspect I haven't been able to get working yet is the live tracking. I don't have GPRS enabled on my phone yet so I've tried this using my Ipaq 5450 and wireless lan at home, with the GPS (a jacket) stuck out of the window! I just about get both connections and have registered on the European live site, but I've not yet seen my position tracked. Has anyone else got this up and running yet - are there any gotchas?

Looking forward to the traffic service. Dave: what is the latest on when this is likely to become operational in the UK, and any other details?

Cheers, Pete
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any news yet on the anticipated date.

Last I heard (and I do really need to clarify this over the next day or so) is I think the Live/Traffic feature is/will be available as an add-on type upgrade, although it was available to us in the review, I'm not sure it comes in the base release.

I need to double check this.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can clarify after talking with ALK today that LIVE functionality will be out of the box free of charge on a 1 to 1 tracking basis.

If you want to track more than one vehicle then there will be an upgrade required. Most consumers will only want to track one vehicle at any one time.

Traffic will be available hopefully within the next two weeks (going live) and will be a perpetual license, so that once you pay the upgrade fee to include Traffic, you will have NO ONGOING Monthly or Annual costs, and if you in a year or so's time upgrade to the next release of CoPilot then there will be no extra fee to pay, it will follow you through. At the moment I don't have costing available for this, but it will be announced within the next two weeks hopefully.
Rattle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

Is this traffic service going to be Europe-wide or just for the UK? I've been waiting for something like this, and I sure hope UK ain't goin be singled out again ...

Cheers,
Eriks
prusling
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

Many thanks for all your speedy responses and advice.

I hope the cost of the traffic service will not be prohibitive; the combination of this with live tracking was a key factor in my choice of CP5.

Cheers, Peter
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think traffic will only be UK as it's supplied by the AA (just making an assumption here).

Don't know what the cost will be, but seeing that it's a one off cost for the life of the product.
gokhart
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can logon to Live tracking via the web and send myself messages. However I cannot see my position. It only has a US map from what I can see. Is the tracking feature available to the UK as yet ?
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gokhart wrote:
I can logon to Live tracking via the web and send myself messages. However I cannot see my position. It only has a US map from what I can see. Is the tracking feature available to the UK as yet ?

It looks like you went to the USA site to sign up instead of the UK/Europe one.
Try using
http://live.alk.eu.com

and create a new logon.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://live.alk.com = US
http://live.alk.eu.com = European/UK
gokhart
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks,

did not need to sign up again, my account worked at the European site too. My test messages where there as well.
mark1968
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we have a updated release date for Traffic yet?

Or details of any prices etc?
prusling
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Tracking still not working Reply with quote

Hi gokhart,

Good to hear you have had some success.

I still haven't got tracking working in my test environment - connected to the net at home via wireless lan (no GPRS yet) and standing in the garden where I can get both a lock on GPS and a wireless signal.

I've registered on the European site, and sent a tracking invitation to my PC successfully.

On the PDA, I've enabled live comms, connected (using the default connection) and started a "journey". However, on the live web site I see no tracking information.

When live is working, do you get a change in the live icon at the foot of the screen - mine is red almost all of the time, but occasionally flashes green. I may not be connecting properly to ALK.

Also, looking in the live setting it talks about access passes. I have none showing, and when I try and create a new pass and press send, nothing happens.

All help gratefully received!

Cheers, Pete
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The icon will basically move on the Live screen, it will create a track but will disappear shortly afterwards so you can really only see yourself moving in real time. Your best bet is to go for a walk and to get someone else to monitor it.

Take a look at this previous demo we created last year which shows what to expect of the Live screen.

prusling
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Dave

Is that demo from CP5 on the PC (I guess so) or on the Live website? I registered on the website, and in the manual it says I cannot then track location on the PC version. Perhaps I should try it.

My main concern is that I don't think I'm getting that far - I have not yet successfully appeared on the website tracking list. I probably have problems at the PDA end, and I'm keen to know whether the Live icon on the bottom of the PDA display should (perhaps) go green when a connection has been established?

I assume a wireless lan connection to the net is as good as any, although most people will be using GPRS?

Perhaps gokhart or anyone else who has is working could tell me what happens when its working correctly on the PDA - i.e. icons, access passes and such!

Cheers, Peter
CrashBiker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live working fine for me on cpl5, both with PDA internet connected over a wifi card and using an old Ericcson T68 with an Orange PAYG as a GPRS data modem.

The key thing that seems different is when connected the link icon goes and stays steady green.

I have not (yet) bothered with access passes and I'm just using the user id/password to login.

Are you using the same userid/password on the Live/Login - Screen name is unimportant, just for display, need to tick "Use account login" and enter user/password you created on the web site.

On the Live>Connection screen, what status message are you getting?

Cheers

Crash

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: