Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Compared to Navigon, can TT remain zoomed out?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Compared to Navigon, can TT remain zoomed out?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
floepie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Compared to Navigon, can TT remain zoomed out? Reply with quote

I've been a Navigon user for some time and now considering the new 1005. What I like about Navigon is the nice 3D view, which remains zoomed out from a relatively high perspective, which allows you to see more map area. From what I remember about TT and from various photos online, map area seems relatively limited on screen.

Is there an option in the settings which would effectively raise the default perspective, giving a larger viewable map area? The cartoonish wide roads are somewhat off-putting IMHO.
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navigon too far out and nit "sharp" enough for me, and tom-tom I agree too zoomed in

Why these companies don't offer selectable zoom levels all with auto zoom for turn points maintained I don't know
Nexus 6p, Apple iPhone 6sPlus and Microsoft Lumia 950xl running TomTom, Garmin, CoPilot, Navigon, Sygic, Here Drive, Google, Waze, MS Maps
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the recent Go models (certainly the x40/x50/1000/5) and on the Vais and Start20 too, you can switch on or off automatic zooming independently for the 2D and 3D driving views, so it will remain at any zoom level you set.
However if you switch it off, it obviously won't zoom in for junctions any more.

I must admit though, the default zoom levels with auto-zoom on have never bothered me, and if I want to zoom out temporarily for any reason, it only takes one tap on the screen to do.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: