Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Initial City Link
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Initial City Link
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Astronut
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they've done it again Evil or Very Mad
I've been away working since early Monday morning and just got back home an hour ago. Have they left my delivery with a neigbour as I asked them to? No, they haven't. They've just left another card saying they tried to deliver on Monday afternoon but I was not in as I said I wouldn't be. I complained to their head office through their website on Saturday and have received an from them assuring me they will be looking into this.
Needless to say, I've replied and thanked them for their concerns over this and have told them I still do not have my parcels and was assured they would be delivered to a neighbour on Monday but they haven't. They're back at the depot and I won't be able to collect them until Saturday morning if I'm not working. I'll be ringing the Preston depot tomorrow and the air will be blue Evil or Very Mad
AndyCr15
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astronut wrote:
They're back at the depot and I won't be able to collect them until Saturday morning if I'm not working.

If they'll let you Rolling Eyes

Also, something else to think of, you know they send things back to the sending after a certain amount of time. Make sure they don't do this to your package... Confused

www.lanarchy.co.uk for LAN gaming near London
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The general criteria seems to be 3 attempts at delivery then held for 7 days before shipping back to the sender.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
AndyCr15
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was two attempts and then 5 days?

I thought this was quite interesting -

Quote:
We believe that our success, in the face of rapidly escalating competition both in the UK and overseas, is based upon the simple philosophy of providing a fast, easy-to-use service with the maximum flexibility and the highest standards of customer care. With complete confidence, we guarantee our high standards in our UK domestic services with our unique "Double Money Back" refund*

MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course you dont benefite from the "Unique Double money back guarantee" the supplier does as I found out when a courier failed me. Did I get any compensation? NO!!
AndyCr15
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely then you badger the retailer, in the end they say they will deliver the item to you etc...

Astronut
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally I got the goods Smile
I had to wait about 15 minutes for them to find the parcels though (no surprise there Rolling Eyes ).
It turns out that they're not allowed to deliver to an alternative address without the consent of the sender (totalpda, in this case). Now why oh why didn't they inform me of this little fact when I asked them to deliver to any of my neighbours when I first tried to collect from the depot. I could have fired off a quick email to totalpda and maybe I would have got my goods earlier. They also return to sender 5 working days after the initial delivery attempt, which would have resulted in them being returned yesterday. When I rang yesterday (as early as possible), I made sure they didn't do that so I could collect this morning.

Coincidently, I called in at my local Post Office depot on the way back home for a Dane-Elec 1GB XS compact flash card ordered from Valueflash. They tried to deliver it on Monday and left a card. I was in and out of their reception area in less than a minute. No hassles. They just keep the package for up to 3 weeks (If I remember correctly) giving you plenty of time to collect or arrange an alternative delivery address and/or date. Now that's service. Post Office = professional.
AndyCr15
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astronut wrote:
Post Office = professional.

I think many would disagree Smile

xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyCr15 wrote:
Astronut wrote:
Post Office = professional.

I think many would disagree Smile

As far as mail delivery goes, yes.
I've found thier Parcel service to be a lot better, I have never had a problem, they make the delivery and if nobody is there to recieve it they always leave a card and return the parcel to the depot. Collecting from there is quick and hassle free. The fact that it is only half a mile down the road makes it easier.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
mycarsavw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just going to add my two penneth worth into the City Link slating that I see here!

I ordered some home entertainment equipment from an online company a few months ago, and was told "No alternate address, home only delivery" Fine I thought, I'll just take a morning off, wait around etc, sign and then race back to work.

I took the morning of expected delivery off, waited til 1pm (they'd stated a morning delivery) and left to go to work to email them to moan about the non-delivery and the fact I'd wasted a morning. I did so, got a reply saying it had been signed for by me (!) at 11am. Usual disbelief etc followed.
I arrived home to find one of CityLink's calling cards on the mat, "We TRIED to deliver etc at 11am" As I was home until 1pm and no one called, I rang them to moan some more and was told they rang the bell etc, no one answered and so they went, which was a bare-faced lie.

Anyway, that's where the trouble began.

They promised to deliver the next day, but I'd have to wait in again, so I did, no delivery, off to work I went, got home that night, yellow calling card etc etc etc.

This went on for a week, and so come the weekend I rang CityLink told them not to deliver anything and that I would drive the 80 mile round trip to pick up the stuff myself. I did so, arrived at their depot to be told...you guessed it, it was out for delivery. Thankfully the wife was home.

I drove home again and waited, it never arrived, I rang, they apologised and so on.

I believe it was a week to the day after the promised to deliver I finally received my goods, at my work address, after refusing to wait around any more. I had to write to the online company from whom I ordered to get them to write to CityLink to change the shipping address.

I received a full refund of delivery charges, (about £20 odd) by way of an apology and a £25 gift voucher from the online company which I still haven't used (they ship with CityLink of course!)

I now check whenever I order something bulky who they ship with. If it's CityLink...oooh, think again!

Sorry it's long, but I too had to rant Evil or Very Mad

Sam
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As part of a new project I've taken on in wiring the house with WiFi Security Cameras, I purchase a camera on Thursday AM, it was going to be delivered by Initial City Link, suggested as next day pre 5:30pm but not guaranteed, and I was glad to see my Local CityLink Girl turn up on the doorstep around 11am with my package the next day after ordering.
Talkingbollox
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off topic, David - but can you fill us in a bit more regarding your latest project? e.g. how many cameras, and what sort (night-vision?), just to see what can be achived nowadays?

Cheers
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going into any night vision stuff, just mainly security around the house. I've also re-vamped my own website this weekend, I've got one camera operational and hope to have another one working early this coming week.

I'll be posting more on my website when I'm happy that I've managed to get to a good stage in the project. The cameras are operating CCD's which aren't any use for night vision unfortunately, but the aim is to have a complete wireless setup that is accessible from anywhere on the internet, I can dial in over GPRS at any time and check the house out. If this project is successful then probably the next thing will be home automation via the net, but we shall see.

There's not a lot on the website about the securicam setup at the moment, but there will be more to follow shortly...

http://www.daveburrows.com
HellFire
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave you can use an infrared light with your cam to see in the dark
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid not, it uses just a regular CCD similar to what you'd see in a digital camera, and these babies really need bright light. The picture on my camera got pretty dark at around 7:50 last night when I didn't have any lights on. Once you put some lights on it's not too bad.

Up time seems to be around 6:30am for it otherwise anytime before then the picture is just too dark.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: