Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Confused newish Satmap user.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Confused newish Satmap user.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thesuccessfulfailure
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Confused newish Satmap user. Reply with quote

I've just about managed to read the destruction manual and can now almost drive my Satmap. This is probably simple but I can't quite figure it out. I can plot & download a map onto the unit, however cannot work out how to set it to automatically track the route as I walk it. I have to manually follow with the joystick. Any assistance gratefully accepted. regards Bob Embarassed
lucevans
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Confused newish Satmap user. Reply with quote

thesuccessfulfailure wrote:
I've just about managed to read the destruction manual and can now almost drive my Satmap. This is probably simple but I can't quite figure it out. I can plot & download a map onto the unit, however cannot work out how to set it to automatically track the route as I walk it. I have to manually follow with the joystick. Any assistance gratefully accepted. regards Bob Embarassed

Have you made the route that you downloaded to the unit "Active"? Once it's the Activated, return to the map screen, and as long as you don't nudge the joystick (which will put the unit into planning mode) then as soon as the Satmap has satellite lock it should start to scroll the map beneath the "you are here" circle as you move. If you do knock the joystick by mistake, just press the bottom left button to return to the live tracking mode.
Rogerfrit
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The map screen has two "modes"- the moving map and planning.
To get to moving map press the button to the left of the joystick. Your position will stay on the center of the screen as you move.
If you touch the joystick it goes into planning mode, and your position will move, but the map stays stationary. So you can move off the map!
I am not sure I have explained that too clearly....
When walking, press the button to the left of the joystick to show the rolling map.. You can tell you are on the right mode, as the circle is blue. It is red when in planning mode.
To "follow" a planned route, go into the routes menu, and activate your chosen route.
Cheers
thesuccessfulfailure
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem solved. Thanx for your advice. I'm sure I'll find another inane question to ask. Regards Bob
keithwaugh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Confused newish Satmap user Reply with quote

This looks a little similar to the problem I had with the MM Adv3500. If you touched the Touch Screen the tracking map moved or you ended up on a different area of the software altogether. Isn't there a sure fired way to lock the screen to the task in hand, namely tracking your movements and moving the map accordingly!!??

According to the Satmap Manual for Software Version 1.5 you do the following:
Moving the joystick in the GPS MAP screen will take you into PLANNING mode.To avoid this, lock your keypad (section 3.02).

Now I haven't bought a Satmap Active 10 Plus yet, so is this correct?
Rogerfrit
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In reality, once you have used the Satmap for a short while, you tend to press the bottom left button every time you look at the screen. It becomes second nature, and requires no thought.
You CAN lock the buttons - but that means you have to unlock them if you want to pan ahead or something - a bit of a pain.
rothers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the buttons/joystick are well designed requiring a firm and deliberate push to operate them, really no need for any "locking".
lucevans
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem I've always had with locking the screen is with the fact that if you have your screen backlight set to turn off after 15 seconds to save battery, you need to press a button to reactivate the backlight when you want to look at the map. If you do this with the keyboard locked, what you get each time is the "Do you want to unlock the keyboard?" screen instead of your map screen!!! To see the map screen, you have to unlock the keyboard every time. Doh!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: