Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Keeps Reroute Information
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Keeps Reroute Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WackyRaces
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lyskamm wrote:
The OP model is a GO 750 and the 9.120 it's for this model.

I can confirm that the HD traffic works perfectly with this navcore on a GO 750.

So yet another reason why I shall be asking David Watkins at TomTom to send me and/or install a newer x50 series SIM card in my x40 series unit apart from faster initial logon to the HD traffic servers.
michaelb104
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for the information about the app versions, I will endeavour to do an update this weekend Smile
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lyskamm wrote:
You may even consider to update to the latest 9.120
that is supposed to be the latest version for GO 750 , official from Tomtom even if it seems it's not offered by TT Home

I wouldn't say "official" just because it's on their server. It might be a failed version that was never publicly released, or a version for only one batch, or only for a specific serial number range.

WackyRaces wrote:
But Navcore 9.120 seems to have just the same problems as Navcore 9.054 in not supporting HD Traffic services on the x40 series units due to the different nature of the Vodafone SIM card supplied with those units.

On some x40 units....
You keep saying it's a universally seen problem, but I don't remember having any HD Traffic problems on v9.054, though memory might be playing tricks.
WackyRaces
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
You keep saying it's a universally seen problem, but I don't remember having any HD Traffic problems on v9.054, though memory might be playing tricks.

Navcore 9.054 worked perfectly fine with the x50 series for HD Traffic as did 9.026 and earlier Navcore 9 versions with the x50 series.

However it was widely documented on threads on this very site that whilst TomTom offered Navcore 9.054 to x40 series units through TomTom Home as the first v9 Navcore to ever be offered to these units it simply did not work with HD Traffic. Everyone on here who tried it had to downgrade again to v8.371 to get HD Traffic back. Navcore 9.058 on the other hand overcame these problems for the x40 series albeit at the penalty of a longer HD Traffic logon time than experienced by the x50 series units with the same Navcore or the x40 series units with Navcore 8.371

I fear that your memory may indeed be playing you tricks on this matter and you may perhaps be confused due to your ownership of both x40 and x50 series units and/or perhaps due to the number of years over which you have possibly become quiescent at accepting malfunctioning TomTom Navcores as being the norm rather than the exception.

The only x40 series units that seemed to work with Navcore 9.054 were those sold in other EU countries that had different SIM card stock installed in them.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WackyRaces wrote:

I fear that your memory may indeed be playing you tricks on this matter and you may perhaps be confused due to your ownership of both x40 and x50 series units and/or perhaps due to the number of years over which you have possibly become quiescent at accepting malfunctioning TomTom Navcores as being the norm rather than the exception.

Please DO NOT start that sort of personal attack again, it is not appreciated.

Firstly as I very rarely use the 950 (preferring the 940 as it has the mp3 player), I'm sure I WOULD have noticed if v9.054 did not give me Traffic info on the 940.

Secondly, I'm only being vague as the notes I need to confirm my gut feelings are on a drive which my daughter has borrowed for the day, so I cannot double check just yet.
WackyRaces
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Firstly as I very rarely use the 950 (preferring the 940 as it has the mp3 player), I'm sure I WOULD have noticed if v9.054 did not give me Traffic info on the 940.

All I can say for sure is that this satnav forum and all other UK related Satnav forums that discuss TomTom were awash with reports that x40 series users who upgraded from Navcore 8.371 to Navcore 9.054 when it was first offered lost the ability to access HD Traffic until they downgraded to Navcore 8.371 again. TomTom even invented an official procedure for carrying out the firmware downgrade so severe was the extent of the problem.

With Navcore 9.058 this problem did not occur.
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guivre46 wrote:
Was that updated from 9.026? It seemed to be units already updated to 9.054 that needed a boot up the backside to get 9.058.

I wouldn't want to stake my life on it but I've always run the latest Navcore & I don't believe I missed 9.054 so as far as I'm aware I went from 9.054 - 9.058 automatically from 'Home'.
Guivre46
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it was a theory. Remember:

Rule 1: Tomtom is always right

Rule 2: If tomtom gets it wrong, Rule 1 applies.
Kia In-dash Tomtom
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes TomTom did acknowledge this error with 9.054 (which I was one of the first to report to them) and their fix was given as 9.058.

Error after updating to 9.054

Quote: If you updated your GO x40 LIVE to application version 9.054, your GO may no longer be able to receive LIVE Services. Your GO can not connect to the network of our provider (error 1008).

We have released a new application version 9.058 to solve this.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: