Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Satmap Customer Service
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Satmap Customer Service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Satmap Customer Service Reply with quote

I emailed Satmap about my slow plotting probem. - See other thread.

I took the opportunity to remind them that following a failed warranty repair of the USB cover 6 months ago, I have been on their list of people waiting for them to come up with an alternative method of repair. The adhesive used makes the rubber brittle and mine broke fist day back. I was told that they would be in touch as soon a better spare / remedy was available

I suggested that one solution would be a complete re-casing, like offered on their service package.

The opening sentence of the response demanded £25.52 to look at it.

The rubber seal problem is related to a previous warranty repair and the slow plotting likely due to a dodgey consolidation last August, I am taken aback.

Is anyone else waiting on the supposed list for a long term solution to the USB cover problem?
lostme
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just received my A10 back from Satmap under a warranty repair for the USB cover hinge splitting. Mine has be glued on so the current reapir method is still the same.

I will just have to wait and see how long it will last. It does appear that there is a need for a better long term solution. I wonder how many other users have problems with the USB hinge.
Cullin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been in touch with the Sat Map Team with the same split hinge on the USB, it looks to me like a push in item, but they will not just send the part to me, it does seem as if it is something that will be happening with a lot of units, only had mine since Christmas, and have never opened it more than 90 degs, will have to check with my Brother in Law to see if he has had the same happen... This is the first negetive thing I have said about the unit.
Jospee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats not been my experience. Just last week i sent my A10 into customer services. After 19 months hard use i lost a couple of buttons and the usb seal was loose (again, i had it replaced once before)- plus had custom map toggling failure after the latest software update. Sent the unit and card to Customer services, I had the whole lot back to me within 6 days. Complete front and back clam replaced, card replaced with all mapping correct and working, plus software update on the A10 unit. All under warranty, no charge - fast and efficient.

I guess post warranty, any issue must be checked as a service - which brings the 25 quid charge.

The USB and SD cover is an issue i too wish they could find a better solution for.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: