Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike491 wrote:
I just need some help with the POI's, do I need to create 2 png's for each item & what size should they be ?

As you are using an iPhone4 I would suggest you make the icon 44x44 save as bmp then use Windows Explorer to re-name the file extension to png.

You only need the second icon (the one with _X2 appended to the POI file name) if you want warnings as this is the icon that is used to display top left. Without a tailor made mapsettings.cfg file you won't get warnings of your own additional POI files which is why I suggest you just go with the single icon.

Make it 44x44 as its much easier to see on the iPhone4 but, If you want the icon the same size as those supplied with the app i.e. the TomTom built in POI then 32x32 seems about right for the size - Mike
Mike491
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks again for your help I have sent a zip of the POI's I need, however I am just working through some of them myself to see if I can get them to work
Mike491
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At Last it works as you said just re-size then change the bmp to png.
Thank you for all of your help
sschandoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
sschandoo wrote:
Like i said, i have the files in the right folders. A little more tinkering, and patience, and help from the forum members (and you / Mike) and i reckon i'll get it.

A strange one but at least its now fixed, for users with devices that can support apps running the background the TomTom app MUST be fully closed down before loading files to the app, I have added a note to the first post to deal with this issue but I suspect this explains why some iPhone4 users have been having more "fun" getting this working than others! - Mike

Thanks for all your help Mike. Did the necessary on my wife's phone and it all worked fine - first time.

Will try to install the new files you sent through later tonight and feedback accordingly. Very Happy
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
I have added a note to the first post to deal with this issue but I suspect this explains why some iPhone4 users have been having more "fun" getting this working than others! - Mike

Just to clarify, that would be any users with 3GS or iPhone4, both support multi-tasking.
senoj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: a tailor made mapsettings.cfg file Reply with quote

Has anyone tried creating a tailor made mapsettings.cfg file in order to get sound warnings for custon POI'S. Following Mike's suggestions Ive got all the Pocket GPS poi's loaded and voice warnings working(Thanks Mike) This required the mapsettings.cfg file from Mike.
I have also been able to load via Diskaid lots of my favourite poi's. So back to the original question ... Is there any way of linking sound warnins with these?

Thanks for everyones help.
paloema
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

first, thanks for this awesome work. Second, it doesnt work fully here for me :-)

Anyone an idea, why I wouldn't see the correct .pngs? I have the sound warning working and the POI's are shown, but I don't get any .png to show. Please have a look at the attached screenshot.

http://forum.pocketnavigation.de/index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=1105353&h=833da701979d5f34043370c6df0b5e2c8b52d863

Any idea?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The red squares indicate the icon image file is either missing or in the wrong format, you need to download the icon file in bmp format then simply rename the .bmp to .png do the renaming with Windows Explorer.

DO NOT use a graphics package with the "Save As" function as true png files don't work.

For the icon that displays top left again it needs to be a bmp file renamed to .png but the file name needs _X2 appending to it.

A full set of files would be:

mypoi.png
mypoi_X2.png
mypoi.ogg
mypoi.ov2

As you are using an iPhone4 the icons are best displayed if made with a size of 44x44 pixels, the standard TomTom icon size of 22x22 looks too small when viewd on the retina display - Mike
paloema
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mike,

thanks for your fast answer. I tried with renaming .bmp's and with converting, both with same result. Maybe I did something wrong, so I will retry with your exact hints.

And will report back, of course.
senoj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: BMP to PNG Reply with quote

I have been droping .bmp files directly into Diskaid then left clicking to remame them .png. Seems to work OK
Chris
s3dbw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Its not working for me!, I have just updated to TomTom UK 1.6 ,downloaded the latest file from the first post and using diskaid installed the files in all the relevant folders. However TomTom will not show the cameras on the POI options.

What am I missing?

Thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you also download a set of speed zoned ov2 files from the normal speed camera database page, this is in addition to the files downloaded from the first page of this thread.

Next was the TomTom app actually shut down or was it still running in the back ground when you installed the mapsettings.cfg file, if the app was still running the changes you made will have been overwritten - Mike
s3dbw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike,

It was the app still running in background that was causing the problem. Much appreciated

Cheers
s3dbw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One additional query, If I wanted to change the warning distances, is there a way the cfg file can be edited to accommodate that?

Thanks
rw613
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to make this work on TomTom 1.6 for USA?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 9 of 42

Jump to: