Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 9.058 for x40 released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

9.058 for x40 released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the embedded service means is that they have given your unit a months free service rather than your account. They should have told you to do a factory reset which will remove you Live Services account details from your unit.

When the unit starts again after the factory reset, the TomTom servers recognise your unit is entitled to the embedded service and does not ask for your logon details to use the Live Services. You should not enter your logon details again for Live Services on the unit otherwise it will try and access your account which is not working correctly.

The idea is they sort out the problem with your account on their servers during the month of embedded service.

I upgraded to 9.058 during my month of embedded service and it all worked as well as this version does.

You can logon to your account in Home to do updates, just do not logon from the device for Live Services.

At the end of the month of embedded service they should tell you to logon to your account again and you should see the real expiry date and they will probably have added a month.

However for me they did not fix my account so when I had to logon again after a month it did not work. They fixed this over the phone.

There is a thread somewhere around here about duplicate entries in Live Services where this issue was discussed in greater detail.
jamsie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: for Mr T Reply with quote

Wow that was a very speedy and explicit reply, so do u think i should try downloading the new app or just leave the old 1 as it is, again many thanks for your quick reply Embarassed
jamsie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: still not working Reply with quote

Just tried downloading the new app for go live services, again the same problems, so looks like i will stick with the 8.371 until you guys on here give the go ahaead to download it, do tom tom realise they have a problem because they dont have it on their support pages or is it just certain models that are affected.

James
blaze591
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Problems with 9.058 and TomTom XL Live HD Reply with quote

Bought this unit a couple of months ago for the HD traffic and have been experiencing resets after booting the unit - it seems related to the unit's inability to get a satelite fix. So contacted Tomtom and was told to remove the application & reinstall. So, have done this and the application installed was 8.419. This works perfectly, and seems noticably faster than 9.054.

So, left over the weekend I installed 9.058 and it worked well for the first half an hour. Drive into Nottingham, parked up for a couple of hours and then tried to drive home. The unit would not detect a satellite fix at all, and seemed to drop into a loop of rebooting every 45 seconds or so. I finally got tired of this after about 10 minutes, turned it off and went back to 8.419. Been using this for a couple of days and it's a lot more stable. Although less pretty.

Anyone else experienced this problem?
martin_b
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Problems with 9.058 and TomTom XL Live HD Reply with quote

blaze591 wrote:

Anyone else experienced this problem?

Yes frequently! I'm on 9.058 (540) now and as with all previous versions I occasionally get the same problem.

It normally happens if i don't switch the unit on till I'm on the motorway, some days its fine other days it not, no rhyme or reason to its behavior. Just another TT idiosyncrasy I have to live with. ( I always check a couple of web sites before i leave the office just for this situation)

To be honest as soon as Garmin comes up with a system to rival HD traffic I'll be defecting!
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed that the unit reboots if you switch on and it can't get signal for some reason. I'm not sure if this by design to try to get the unit to pick up a signal or if it is a bug.

However if you drive a distance with the unit off and then switch on when you get on the motorway you're creating a problem for yourself. Sat Navs take longer to get a lock if you have moved since it was switched off. It's even harder if you are moving whilst it tries to do it. Better to switch on before you leave let it get a lock and then you'll have fewer reboots. You would have similar problems with a Garmin.
blaze591
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
I have noticed that the unit reboots if you switch on and it can't get signal for some reason. I'm not sure if this by design to try to get the unit to pick up a signal or if it is a bug.

Under Navcore 8.419 there is no evidence of this behavior so I have to assume it's a bug rather than a "feature".
blaze591
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Problems with 9.058 and TomTom XL Live HD Reply with quote

martin_b wrote:
To be honest as soon as Garmin comes up with a system to rival HD traffic I'll be defecting!

Best of luck with that. I've just come the other way based on the shocking navigation abilities of the Garmin. I hope you enjoy taking the scenic route!!
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blaze591 wrote:
PaulB2005 wrote:

Under Navcore 8.419 there is no evidence of this behavior so I have to assume it's a bug rather than a "feature".

And it could just as easily be a new feature introduced in NavCore 9, especially as it only seems to happen when the unit can't get a lock. However as I don't recall reading about it anywhere with any other NC9 unit I agree it's more likely a bug.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread about 9.058 on the x40 seems to be getting crossed with a discussion about 9.058 on an XL Live HD which will no doubt have different issues to the x40 range.
martin_b
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with 9.058 and TomTom XL Live HD Reply with quote

blaze591 wrote:
martin_b wrote:

Best of luck with that. I've just come the other way based on the shocking navigation abilities of the Garmin. I hope you enjoy taking the scenic route!!

Oh Great! Very Happy
wygde3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have been having the same problems. Here's what TT had to say (Customer=me, Response=TT). Not sure it helps much ... revert to Navcore v8?

Customer 30/09/2010 06.26 PM
Hi

Ever since I have upgraded to Navcore 9.058 I have had problems with LIVE Services. When I switch on it takes several minutes for the right hand HD Traffic bar to appear (with v8 it took a few seconds) and on several trips the bar has disappeared and would not come back at all. Only rebooting the unit would restablish the LIVE Services connection and the initial delay described above would then happen again.

I have hard reset and reinstalled and have the same issue. I would appreciate your assistance.

Customer 05/10/2010 06.46 PM
Tonight (about 1715 UK time) I used my TomTom GO940 LIVE. As well as taking several minutes to get the HD Traffic bar on the right the 'spinning wheel' was present for at least 15 minutes. I tried to access Weather on LIVE Services to see if it was connected and the unit rebooted. It then went through the cycle again and I saw that when the right hand bar came up it had a solid vertical line for less than a second and then reverted to teh spinning wheel. After about 5 minutes it got the traffic information.

Response 06/10/2010 09.10 AM
I'm sorry that you have experienced this issue with your LIVE services. Last night during the hours of 17:00 - 19:05 CET we had an outage of LIVE services that would cause all of our customers to not be able to connect to their LIVE services during this time. So with the issue that you described in your previous email that occurred last night was during our outage period. We have since then corrected the outage and you should be able to access your LIVE services with no issue.

Please forgive us for the outage during the above times, and do let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with further.

Customer 06/10/2010 09.39 AM
Thanks for your reply. What you describe talks to the issue night, but this morning I have had exactly the same problem, in fact worse, in that after 20 minutes I still have only seen the spinning wheel and arrived at my destination never having got any traffic.

Even if this is due to another outage it does not resolve my original problem. I have just timed how long it takes whilst sitting at my desk. It takes over 3 minutes to get the HD Traffic bar to appear and then a further 2 minutes for any traffic information to appear. This means that it is over 5 minutes after switching on before traffic information is available. With Navcore v8 (if it is Navcore that is the problem) traffic information was available in less than a minute.

As such this issue does not seem to be resolved and so I would appreciate your continued assistance.

Response 07/10/2010 02.35 PM
I've checked with our 2nd Line on the traffic information taking up to five minutes (or even more) to load and they have indicated that they are aware of this issues as it has been reported from other customers as well. Our 2nd Line is currently investigating this issue to hopefully have a resolution of this with our next Navcore release.

Customer 07/10/2010 02.42 PM
Thanks for the reply. Good to see that it is a recognised problem. I'd appreciate some idea of timescale for a new Navcore release. Will it be a minor or major release we wait for? In other words are we talking about a few hours, few days, few weeks or few months before a fix is released? This is important because if it is going to take more than 5 minutes for the foreseeable future then that will be seriously inconvenient as I will most likely will be heading into serious traffic with no help from HD Traffic. (I live in London.)

Can you please give me an indication of timescales. (Clearly not an exact date, but order of magnitude based on what scale of release we will be waiting for.) Many thanks for your help.

Response 07/10/2010 03.31 PM
Your question of 'how long will the next Navcore update will be' is one of my questions to our 2nd Line when I queried them on this issue. They however, was not able to provide me with any time frame on when the next Navcore release will be. I wish I had a clearer more concise time frame for you, but I do not. I would expect that the next Navcore release will probably not be as soon as a few days as they would have indicated to me that it would be soon.

I hope I have provided you with answers to your question and an honest update on your query. Do let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Key question here, is how long do other devices using this major navcore version take to show traffic? Is this just on the x40 devices, or on all the new navcore devices?

I have a 740, and I too have the long delay. Yesterday, travelling through derbyshire, I suspect I lost signal, and it hid the traffic info. V annoying, and manual prods said that it could not connect to Live services, but the network was connected. It is like it isn't triggering a reconnect to LIVE when the network returns. Of course just as it sorted itself out, it popped up a 5 min delay that I then sat in, though fortunately the accident on the other carriageway that indirectly caused it was cleared by the police and I didn't suffer.

It is very real, and very repeatable, so the developers should be able to log it easily and work out what's what.
wygde3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afraid so ... being in IT myself I know that this delay should be extremely traceable as it is so consistent. The issue no doubt will be that they will (should?) be doing extensive testing to ensure that they haven't broken anything else.

Don't know if it's related but this morning I didn't get any Live services at all (and had a funny little antenna thing with a line through it bottom left hand corner). When I tried Live services (weather) it said that I needed to contact TomTom as there was a problem with my SIM card, error 1001. Che passa?
wygde3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contacted TT Support on 1001 error ... Back to Factory Settings/Soft reset ... same problem. Now with 2nd line ... looks likes no Traffic for the weekend... Twisted Evil

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 13 of 21

Jump to: