Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 9.058 for x40 released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

9.058 for x40 released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulday
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the up arrow in the left panel just means that the info there relates to information that is relevant to when you are actually on the move, such as current speed, speed limits and current time, and the right panel has a destination flag showing, as the info there relates to time/distance to destination and arrival time.

Just a guess, but makes sense to me!

Paul
dbarfoot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psyskiesman wrote:
Hopefully inside the gubbins HD Traffic is still monitoring the original and will re-offer it if the delays disperse.

I'd need to see it again to make sure I didn't imagine it, but I'm pretty sure my unit found a faster route due to traffic, then presented the original route as a faster route once it had dispersed last week. It had never done that with a previous version of the software as far as I can remember.

I'll pay more attention next time. Fridays traffic is usually a good bet.

Dave Barfoot.
psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks dbarfoot, that would be useful to know. The point I was actually trying to make is the fact that if you accept HD Traffic's faster route but then decide you would prefer to take the original route, there is no way of recalling it as on 8.371.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst the Recalculate Original button is missing couldn't you just recalculate it manually in the usual way? I.e. Navigate To.... Then choose your destination.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or just using the Recalculate Route button under the Find Alternative menu or the Recalculate Route voice command?
psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies Mr T but I think (and anyone correct me if I'm wrong) by pressing recalculate would find a completely different route as it did on 8.371.
Also PaulB2005, I'm fairly certain that your suggestion would also recalculate based on your last route, which in this case would be the alternative "faster" route, not the original. This was the case with 8.371 and the only way around it was to Navigate to anywhere other than your destination and THEN navigate to destination.
kitlander
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Slow hook up to live services Reply with quote

Sorry to drag you back to this, but has anyone found a fix for the incredibly slow start to the traffic service? It takes up to 5 minutes to get full traffic info, by which time I'm committed to the Hindhead tunnel works on the A3 and a potential lengthy delay. A lot of people seem to have this problem, but not everyone. How can that be if we're all using the same equipement and software? (540 in my case). If I turn the TT off for just a second, it takes the 5 mins to get back the full traffic service. Another weird symptom is that after a change in the traffic situation (shown in the traffic bar) it takes several minutes before giving me the audible message. It's almost as though the traffic service is permanently out of sync with the rest of the system. The old system gave an instantaneous beep every time traffic changed. Now you have to get the full voice message, which I don't like!! My wife has a 550 which has none of these problems. Might have to swap and see if she notices!!
martin_b
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martin_b wrote:
Third time lucky.. M4 once again closed, this time my TT offered me a new route withing a couple of minutes.

Oh dear, Its failed to recalculate again. M4 still closed but TT wants to send me down it.

I thought it might be to do with a flag not getting set on the data by who ever sends the Info but reading the subsequent posts I'm not so sure.
I hope it gets sorted soon, to be honest the live traffic is all I use the TT for 90% of the time.
martin_b
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Slow hook up to live services Reply with quote

kitlander wrote:
Sorry to drag you back to this, but has anyone found a fix for the incredibly slow start to the traffic service?

On my 540 the time to start up traffic services seems to vary by location, perversely in rural surrey its quick, in Chiswick its really slow.
spook51
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Slow hook up to live services Reply with quote

kitlander wrote:
Sorry to drag you back to this, but has anyone found a fix for the incredibly slow start to the traffic service?

As a quick fix, could you switch it on five minutes before you want to leave?
ItsMikeE
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Slow hook up to live services Reply with quote

kitlander wrote:
Sorry to drag you back to this, but has anyone found a fix for the incredibly slow start to the traffic service?!

As the doomed previous version's problems were SIM related, maybe this is a kludgey fix to get round that issue

Last edited by ItsMikeE on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also PaulB2005, I'm fairly certain that your suggestion would also recalculate based on your last route, which in this case would be the alternative "faster" route, not the original. This was the case with 8.37

I'm sure it recalculated the original route if you did it. No moving involved. You dont have to Clear Route first but I'm sure going thorough the Navigate To again starts the process from scratch and therefore the original route. I've been testing some local routes to get the idea of traffic situations near my new house so I've being doing this with 8 and 9 Navcores. Each time I use Navigate To it recalculated the original route and not the faster alternative route all done from the desk in my house.
WackyRaces
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Slow hook up to live services Reply with quote

[quote="martin_b"]
kitlander wrote:
On my 540 the time to start up traffic services seems to vary by location, perversely in rural surrey its quick, in Chiswick its really slow.

That's presumably because it has to download and take account of far more traffic information in the Chiswick area than out in the Surrey sticks? Either that or the GPRS use of your local Vodafone cell is far more heavily overloaded (probably by TomTom) in the Chiswick area.

I'm off to a trip to Spain later today for a couple of weeks and still undecided about whether to "upgrade" to this version in view of the remaining problems with using it on a 940. Isn't there an issue in downgrading if one doesn't like it due to the boot loader being incremented? Or would TomTom's recently documented method for downgrading software version using Home overcome this?

I suspect we are going to see yet one more Navore update before it gets anywhere near working properly on a 940.
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reported my issues mentioned earlier in this thread to TT Support via email on Tuesday, received an email yesterday apologising for not getting back to me.

Must be busy!
WackyRaces
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aerotec wrote:
Also I was hunting for the "Network" button to view the LIVE phone signal. I found it in MENU - STATUS&INFORMATION-VERSION INFORMATION then tap Network.

Another major downgrade in critical functionality in this version along with no access to live battery charging status any longer being available.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 7 of 21

Jump to: