Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom 7000 Truck
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom 7000 Truck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geordieboy64
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Tomtom 7000 Truck Reply with quote

Hi guy's just al little information for you. I recentley purchsed a 7000 truck after using both snooper and the garmin truck. I prefer the tomtom mapping and the ability for 3rd party poi but i,ve came across a small problem. MAP UPDATES i tried to buy the map updates via the tomtom web site only to be told that i had to go to tomtom work to do this, so i did only to be told off a nice lady in customer support that you could,nt buy updates as originally this was destinted for the commerial market only ( "Hello i'm an owner driver as already informed"). So Back to the first question where can i buy updates you bunch of numpty's, So I was then told oh you can buy the sd card with truck mapping on ( i've just bought a 7000 unit why would i buy an sd card Rolling Eyes ") Back to the questions, how do i purchse map updates simple answer you cant and that she would bring it up in the next customer support meeting in the mean time just use map share updates. Now being i have had both of the other units above and know you can get yearly updates for them would'nt you think tomtom being the brand name it is could do a simple thing llike create Map Updates for purchse even if it was uk only Evil or Very Mad
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Tomtom 7000 Truck Reply with quote

geordieboy64 wrote:
i've just bought a 7000 unit why would i buy an sd card Rolling Eyes "

I'm confused... I thought the Go7000 was just a 720 with the extra "Work" software.
Does it not have an SD card slot then?

Also have you tried filling in the form for buying new maps on the TT Work website HERE?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: