Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Latest Home & TT IQ XL New Look update (Engine update ?)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Latest Home & TT IQ XL New Look update (Engine update ?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyIshUk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Latest Home & TT IQ XL New Look update (Engine update ?) Reply with quote

Apologies I have searched to see if there are any threads on this, but can find none. If there are please point me in that direction.

I have downloaded the latest software update and seems to be a new engine and look for a number of functions. (Scroll bar, tabs for live services on calculating routes etc)

My TT now takes longer to calculate routes and often gets into a loop when displaying the map of the calculated route, It displays about 90% of the maps and then loops and starts again anything from 3 attemps to ""I've lost patience !!"

If I return to the driving display screen, The TT unit seems to be constantly re-planning the route. (Route planning is done by selecting a start destination)

Sometimes the TT unit settles down on short routes, but on long route calculations it just seems to re- plan.

Also it does not remember the Traffic tick box. Every time it is switched on and a newly calculated route is displayed. it is covered in Icons. (Far Tooooo many speed cameras !!).

I have to stop the display and go to the options to tick the Traffic box to gain normality.

I Have not tried it on the road yet.

Anyone else having difficuties with this issue of software ?

Rgds

PS I will not be around for a week so will reply on my return to those that might raise issues .
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved to TomTom section.....

I wonder which software version he's referring to?
v9.053 came out for the XL LIVE IQ Routes Edition back in May or for the XL IQ Routes (version 1) in early June.
But if it is an XL IQ v2 then v9.103 came out just a few days ago.

EDIT: Ahh, he mentions tabs for the LIVE services.
So has there been an update very recently (since May)?

..... and has he got a backup made before he updated????
TonyIshUk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for moving this to the correct Forum.

TT seems to be Device {deleted for safety}
App 9.053.520930.2. OS515773
(1023, 19/4/2010)
GPS V1.20 Boot 5.5138

Map Westn & Cent Europe V845.2645

Mean anything. Maybe more info elsewhere but I need directions ;-)

I updated a week ago, (AND DID backup !) but have not used TTHome for a while as I use the Forum Camera Database (Why add grief to my life ?[ TTHome NOT the Camera Dbase] ). So do not know how long this update has been on offer.

Should have stayed with my instincts and kept clear.

Rgds
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you have an XL LIVE IQ Routes Edition or an XL IQ Routes (version 1)

The device number you quoted is an individual ID number for your particular device (so I've edited it out), but the model name of the TT you've got should be at the top of the same page you got all of that info from.

Anyway, back to the problem.
If you've got a good backup from before the latest update, it should be easy enough to go back to it.
Next steps depend on how you made the backup. Was it done from within "Home" or was it done by just copy and paste using windows Explorer?
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My XL LIVE does the same sometimes on the 9.05x software releases.

It seems to be related to the fact that if you have the TT Safety Cameras installed, even if they are disabled, when calculating a route the device searches for all speed cameras and fuel prices (if installed) on the route. This is probably fine on all other LIVE devices with 400Mhz processors, but on the ONE range the 266Mhz processors are just not up to it.

Also, and rather oddly, if you have the Brasilia theme selected it takes a lot longer to draw a map - try changing to the Greys theme and uninstalling the useless TT Safety Alerts and see if it is any quicker.

EDIT - also try the following - ensure that POIs and Favourites are deselected - if the boxes are greyed out then unselect traffic first and disable POIs and favourites from being displayed. Re-select Traffic afterwards.

If you have a model with Traffic on it then you have to do this twice as you have two different map views - one from within the main menu on Page 2, and one from the Traffic menu accessed by tapping the sidebar. You can have different settings on each view.
TonyIshUk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies for not acknowleding your replies, I have been in an internet free zone for a while ( Bliss !!)

Thanks for your advice, It seems that switching off the POIs is a great help.

After some use, the unit has settled down. I think that my major problem with speed was due to the unit not being able to get a satisfactory signal from the satelites and telephone service.

I was bench testing the TT in a rather blind area, where it gave the impression it was working, but was in reality retrying to get / confirm its signals.

There are some minor issues with the software, The main one being, it seems to forget that Traffic setting on the map display. However a quick cancel and reticking the boxes, sets it up for the day.

Thanks for your assistance,

Rgds

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: