Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - driving in france what is the law with satnavs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

driving in france what is the law with satnavs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hyperactive7
Banned

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: driving in france what is the law with satnavs Reply with quote

1 question,im driving in france in august,am i led to beleive that it is ilegal to have sat navs with speed camera warnings on them. a freind of mine got an instant fine and his satnav taken off him.

ps
i have a garmin we 1340 with sd micro slot,could i install the frence speed cams on to it and if stopped i could quickly take it out....
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Radar and Laser Detectors - forbidden in France
Radar and Laser detectors detect active (in-use) speed cameras. Advances in speed camera technology have superseded these systems and new digital speed cameras are invisible to Radar and Laser detectors. Unlike GPS based systems there is no subscription with Radar and Laser detectors. Such a device is not allowed in France. Getting caught having such a device in your vehicle means a 1500 euros fine, device impounded (with the car if fixed to it).

GPS Speed Camera Detectors - allowed in France A GPS speed camera detector relies on a database of speed camera locations. GPS speed camera detectors warn drivers of all known fixed and mobile speed cameras - good as long as they are known. It also offers the user many additional features including the exact camera type, range and perhaps most useful - the road speed limit. Some database updates for France can be available for free, but usually a small fee (monthly or annualy) is requested for easy accurate updates.

From HERE
sdrew56
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The location of fixed speed cameras is not a secret they allow them to be marked on maps check out Michelin or AA route maps.
Allan_whoops
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go here

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21050

you can subscribe and download all the cameras including mobile. The bonging on the autoroutes leading out of Calais can be a bit deafening especially if it is the Le Mans weekends Wink . It also has extremely useful POIs such as local car dealers etc.

The speed camera database takes a bit of fiddling with if you want it speed zoned but its not difficult.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you wait a bit we may have some news on a partnership to improve our French data.
hyperactive7
Banned

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: re driving in france Reply with quote

thanks guys for the info.i will wait a bit like darren implyed.could i be notifyed of this update darren please..
many thanks
dave.....
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: re driving in france Reply with quote

hyperactive7 wrote:
could i be notifyed of this update darren please..

When we have news we'll be posting it on the site, so stay tuned and you'll find out as soon as we have an announcement :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: