Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - what options would you like to see on your garmin
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

what options would you like to see on your garmin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hyperactive7
Banned

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: what options would you like to see on your garmin Reply with quote

as a new garmin owner,i would like to see some options implemented onto the garmin.
{1} id like to see the option to have poi,s show up on the map and not have to drive to them,i understand that garmin did not do this as they said they did not want the clutter on the map.well personaly that option should have been implemented.
{2} map colour schemes so that you can change to suit,
{3} speedcam button where upon spotting a new camera you can pinpoint its posistion and send the relevent details via the unit rather than uploading the info via the net.
these are only a few options that i have found using my garmin unit,hopefully you the user will add to the list.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have bought iGO based software. iGO8 has all of those, (except the second part of {3}) and more Very Happy
hyperactive7
Banned

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: re what options would you like to see on your garmin Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
Should have bought iGO based software. iGO8 has all of those, (except the second part of {3}) and more Very Happy

wow just looked at the igo8 looks realy cool,i wounder if the map would work on a nuvi 1300 series
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: re what options would you like to see on your garmin Reply with quote

hyperactive7 wrote:
wow just looked at the igo8 looks realy cool,i wounder if the map would work on a nuvi 1300 series
I don't know, but perhaps an expert on Nuvis will be along in a mo and tell you
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: re what options would you like to see on your garmin Reply with quote

hyperactive7 wrote:
M8TJT wrote:

no. garmin use a proprietary operating system so nothing else will install on them.

re. maps: it will only work with official garmin maps.

MaFt
hyperactive7
Banned

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: what options would you like to see on your garmin Reply with quote

then i should have bought an igo8 nevermind but i would like to see the points i made to be implimented in a software update,what the chances of that happening
edessad
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be great when you drive into a different speed zone than you are currently in, the Garmin states "Speed Limit - xx" rather than just changing it on the screen.
darrengsaw
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An equivalent to tt's hd traffic, something to replace tired old TMC would be good.
jeta1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having been a TT person for many years I thought I'd try a Garmin, so I'm just getting used to a Nuvi 1300, it seems offer a good range of functions for its price (£110 at Halfrauds). I don't want/need bluetooth, I'm still quite skeptical about about the 'live' service options and reliability of traffic data so I was never going to be interested in top of the range model.

What would I like to see different? Well I wish they would offer a more traditional colour scheme, being in my mid 50's I am rather used to mapping that show motorways in blue !!

I notice that it displays speed limits (on major roads at least) which I presume is a function of the Navteq mapping(?). The real time speed display changes to red if you travel over the limit on a road where it has the speed limit data, it would be helpful if some sort of audio could be linked to this function.

The movement of the map isn't as smooth as TT, I don't know if this is related the the model (I know the 1300 is quite junior in the range) of if this is common to all Nuiv's; but it does seem to lag a bit sometimes, this can be a slight negative when negotiating complex junctions.

First impressions of the 1300 are good and although there are a couple of items I would change for the price it's got a lot to offer.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: