Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Text to Speech (on a ONE?)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Text to Speech (on a ONE?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mistake - of course it doesn't!

You have a XL don't you?

Download 9.026 manually from the link in my previous post and use WinRAR to extract it to the TT - just extract the LoquendoTTS folder as that is the only difference between the TTS and non TTS version
marcus29359
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: tts Reply with quote

Hi Andy. Since last spoke to you I have been down to lands end and up to Aberdeen and everything works perfectly.Thanks.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy - you get around!

Glad it is working well for you
gstenson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect thanks Andy. Just done a quick test and it works fine although some of the pronunciations can be a little weird to say the least ;)

Assume to revert back to factory default you just delated the folders mentioned before?

p.s. Yes I have a XL IQ

Cheers
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just rename the ttntools folder to oldttntools or similar and you will be at factory default again.

This release is only for 9.026 as the files may change between different releases. If you change version then you wil have to run as default.
victle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy,

I really want to make my Tomtom TTS enabled, but I saw you use a modified libLoqTTS7.so file. Is this legal mod?

Thanks!
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,
I've been following this thread with interest. I have an old One v3 (without IQ routing). Do you know if the mods you suggest work with this model?
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know - if it will run 9.026 for the ONE from here (BUT delete the system file from the TT before rebooting so you don't upgrade the bootloader) then you stick a chance

If this runs OK on your device then download and install Kate and then download my ttntools package. 32Mb devices may struggle though with TTS ......
parsi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Andy , thanks for putting this together - it works swimmingly on my One xl IQ. Very Happy though Kate does have some difficulty with some Irish street names...
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

victle wrote:
Hi Andy,

I really want to make my Tomtom TTS enabled, but I saw you use a modified libLoqTTS7.so file. Is this legal mod?

Thanks!

I can't see any reason why it isn't - according to the GPL and LGPL TT can't restrict you from making any modifications and redistributing. TT also seem to have 'forgotten' to release the source code for any Kernel since Nav8, which is their requirement of the GPL. Perhaps if it is requested they will provide it, but all the older source is available on their website.

Anyway, I haven't modified the libLoqTTS7.so file, AFAIK it is a just a different version - I found it through Google ages ago to solve the problem of silence when selecting TTS voices. This is the file I had to use a year or so ago on the 920 to get TTS working with 930 Navcore IIRC. TT had messed up the TTS on the 920's and all we got was stammering unless we installed TTS7 voices on devices that originally shipped with TTS6.

All I have done is put a small script together with publically available files after a bit of research on how the ttsystem file detects the features available on the device, and how it boots.

Perhaps if TT were less shortsighted and were to offer features such as TTS as an upgrade I wouldn't have to do tweaks like this, and I would quite willingly pay for the functionality for a reasonable fee (as I do for maps and LIVE Services)
victle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
victle wrote:
Hi Andy,

Thanks!

I can't see any reason why it isn't - according to the GPL and LGPL TT can't restrict you from making any modifications and redistributing. TT also seem to have 'forgotten' to release the source code for any Kernel since Nav8, which is their requirement of the GPL. Perhaps if it is requested they will provide it, but all the older source is available on their website.

Anyway, I haven't modified the libLoqTTS7.so file, AFAIK it is a just a different version - I found it through Google ages ago to solve the problem of silence when selecting TTS voices. This is the file I had to use a year or so ago on the 920 to get TTS working with 930 Navcore IIRC. TT had messed up the TTS on the 920's and all we got was stammering unless we installed TTS7 voices on devices that originally shipped with TTS6.

All I have done is put a small script together with publically available files after a bit of research on how the ttsystem file detects the features available on the device, and how it boots.

Perhaps if TT were less shortsighted and were to offer features such as TTS as an upgrade I wouldn't have to do tweaks like this, and I would quite willingly pay for the functionality for a reasonable fee (as I do for maps and LIVE Services)

Andy,

Just little bit concern about the modified/patched libLoqTTS7.so file as in the ttn script you give credit the modified file to DarkMireille and in other forum DarkMireille said

Quote:

So why are they so many people complaining that Loquendo isn't working on their device ?

Very simple: there is a "protection" on the Loquendo6/7 runtime preventing it to run on devices that don't originally support TTS.
= If you use an unpatched Loquendo on a device that doesn't support TTS "out of the box" you only get silence.

Is this the same file you are mentioning?

Thanks
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the legality of this mod is being questioned I have decided to pull all of the links in case there is any chance of any 'protection' being circumvented.

Apologies to all - if you have already downloaded then make your own mind up on the legality.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All

At no point was it my intention to distribute or create anything that could be classed as illegal.

As victle has quite correctly pointed out, the amendment of the libLoqTTS7.so file which was not done by myself does in fact seem to circumvent some protection.

As victle quite rightly posted in the quote from another forum that is quite happily distributing items that are potentially illegal, this file could potentially therefore be classed as illegal, even though it may not be.

Also, for my own personal protection I have removed all links from this thread and removed the files from rapidshare.

I can only assume that as victle has only posted twice, both times asking me if I am distributing illegal software that victle is potentially either a TomTom employee or involved in law enforcement or anti-piracy/copyright protection.

It was never my intention to do anything potentially illegal or post anything on this forum that could be interpreted as such. Apologies to the mods/admins.

My recommendation is that anyone who has downloaded these files deletes them from their device and computer.
Guivre46
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:

As I'm a member of another forum where all they do is look at ways to upload software that is not intended for their device - I watch with fascination - and there never seems to be any indication of legal action. I am pretty certain that this forum with its great respect for software integrity would not be the first target.

I would like to endorse the idea of a 'menu of applications' that could be purchased so that you could build a tailor-made personal system.
Hin3K
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again!

I would like to add to my speed camera POIs nice voice message.

Something like
"Warning. Speed camera ahead. Do not go faster than 20.

Of course I do not want to write it for every single POI. Is there any way to do it on the computer (copy-paste) or maybe to make TT remember first part of the sentence so I add only speed limit at the end.

I can manage my TT using TT Home but because of the obvious reason I don't have option to write my own warning there. After choosing distance to POI goes straight to sound effect choice screen.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: