Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom OneXL problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom OneXL problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boxbrownie
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an old thread but I am loosing grip on the end of the teather here...

I bought my son a TTXL for crimble in 2008, it has always seemed to be slower than BOTH other TTs we own in the family......but just lately it locks up solid and refuses to see any sats at all......fully charged, out in the open and with my TTXL picking up about 7 sats, my son's TTXL picks up nothing! I have been onto to TT tec help (a contradiction in terms if ever I saw one) and all I got from them is "must be a maps error, nothing we can do, you will have to buy new maps"! Great help guys.....but I seriously am now looking around for a different manufacturer, this is the first time I have had to call on tec help or customer services at TT and quite frankly it left me appalled at the level of service. I know it could be just the few operators I spoke to, but even so...bad taste.

I have updated, rebooted, reinstalled, cold booted all except soaking in magic water overnight!

Rant over.....long live PGPS

Best regards David
george57l
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT make great devices but their cust support is amongst the worst. On a par with the notorious Paypal/eBay axis of evil.

You'll get more help here (from wiser heads than mine) in a heartbeat than a week of talking to the people answering phones for TT.

I heard this on the radio last night (and added my own spin) and will be adopting it from now on, at the end of appropriate calls:

Customer "Is this call being recorded for training purposes?"
Cust Services Rep "Yes"
Customer "Good. So will whoever is listening to this recording please note that the person I have been talking to is in dire need of some customer service training. You may wish to replay this call as a training aid to others to illustrate how not to provide customer service."

Every single call I ever had with TT (and sadly I had to have a few) would have justified this.
george57l
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS sorry for the off-topic rant
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did any of you suffering from this loss of satelite lock try running the TomTom ClearFlash tool?

All kinds of settings are stored there that the TT treats as 'gospel' even if they have been corrupted somehow.

Ever noticed how even if you format the TT and reload from scratch that some settings are still there? They haven't been loaded from the internal memory you see when connected to your PC which contains files such as mapsettings.cfg etc - they are stored in flash memory somewhere and loaded at boot. If the files do not exist the TTN app reads the settings from the memory you can see afresh.

All kinds of problems are cured with a clearfash and no favourites are lost. Not much use to you mid-journey though!
Boxbrownie
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup....clearflash run as well, followed all the destru...er instructions on the TT help site.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: