Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How to stop TomTom automatically replanning?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How to stop TomTom automatically replanning?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buddy07
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: How to stop TomTom automatically replanning? Reply with quote

Being a bit of a maps person, I do quite a lot of "planning routes" that have nothing to do with where I am at the present time. For example, I might want to know what the best route from Biarritz to Warsaw is for no other reason than I'm a bit odd Wink

Obviously, all TomTom devices will do this with no fuss at all. But they will also all think about it for a few minutes afterwards, realise that I'm actually in neither Biarritz nor Warsaw, and replan from my current location. The only time this didn't happen was when I used TomTom on a PDA where you could switch the GPS receiver off.

Is there any way of persuading the device that I don't need to go from my current location?
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your model has advanced planning, then that is what you want. Plan from A to B, see the route summary, even a demo of the route if your model has it and then forget about it.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you've used the "Prepare route" option to create the route, you need to stay within the "Details" pages.
So "Browse as text", "Browse as images", "Browse map of route", and "Show route demo" will all ignore your current position, but as soon as you go back to the normal navigation view, it will look for satellites and try to recalculate from your present position.

The "Show route summary" screen will also show the prepared route, but it may drop back to the normal navigation screen if you have "Close route summary screen automatically after 10 seconds" option selected in Planning Preferences.
Buddy07
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say for all models, but on mine when you put it into flight mode GPS reception is disabled, so that might help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: