Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Firmware upgrade fro Xtrac v2???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Firmware upgrade fro Xtrac v2???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edelf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did manage to flash my firmware.

So far so good, on average 2 sattellites more in TT3.

I had however, to use my floppydrive. The program did not find the firmware on my C-drive !!!!!!!

grtz edelf
Choc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="nightfly85"]
Quote:
I think that with Xtrac2 there's no reason to use ST anymore.

Does XT mode use more power?
If so your battery would run out quicker.

Choc
TC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone tell me how I can user either Crux View or GPStweak to see the version of firmware that my Clip-on is currently using? Sorry if I'm missing something simple but I just can't see how to do it.

Many thanks
jlw
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry moderators. Ban me or something. I need to express my self!! Damn ******* **** asssss damn ****!!! I FLASHED MY CLIP-ON IN st MODE AND KNOW THE DEVICE DONT WORK AT ******* ALLL!!! IM HATE THIS ****... IT WAS A MISSTAKE... DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!!!!!!

what should i do?????

I hate hate hate hate this life!

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
CF: Lexar 256 MB
Poporta Alu-Case
nightfly85
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jlw - I'd contact fortuna customer service and see what they can help you do. Maybe you'll have to take your unit appart and short some contacts to clear the firmware. Or maybe they can send you the utils and firmware necessary to get you unit back into its orginal state. Worst case is that you'll have to send it in for them to repair I would think.

TC - there was a post detailing how to get the version via crux_view and where to download it on page 4 or 5 of this thread. Read it all.
jlw
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nightfly85 wrote:
jlw - I'd contact fortuna customer service and see what they can help you do. Maybe you'll have to take your unit appart and short some contacts to clear the firmware. Or maybe they can send you the utils and firmware necessary to get you unit back into its orginal state. Worst case is that you'll have to send it in for them to repair I would think.

TC - there was a post detailing how to get the version via crux_view and where to download it on page 4 or 5 of this thread. Read it all.

I have done that. Never flash when your tired! A new motto of mine....
Poporta Alu-Case
TC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nightfly85 wrote:

I tried the instruction but still no firmware info. I'm thinking the RSI may be a distinct possibility now I tried I guess about 100 times now may be more, may be I need a slower PC? ... There's got to be a better way!!

Any tips gratefully received ...
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLW,

I am not going to ban you, but I have edited out the swear words in your post. I appreciate that some things in life are frustrating, but in the future, please try and keep the language clean - there could be kids reading these posts.

If you swear and we have to edit the post, it creates unnecessary work for the moderators.

Bo Peep.
jlw
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo Peep wrote:
JLW,

I am not going to ban you, but I have edited out the swear words in your post. I appreciate that some things in life are frustrating, but in the future, please try and keep the language clean - there could be kids reading these posts.

If you swear and we have to edit the post, it creates unnecessary work for the moderators.

Bo Peep.

Sorry... Thumbs Up
Poporta Alu-Case
simkna
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jlw, I would return the unit to Fortuna to see if they can fix it for you. When I first bought my unit I didn't think the XT mode was working properly. I sent it to them, and they confirmed that it was, but that the ST/XT switch was a bit dodgy. They returned it with no charge, and were pretty decent about the whole thing. I would have thought that seeing as they are at least partly to blame for your problems due to them releasing a buggy patch that didn't work properly, that you should be able to talk them into helping you out.

Si.
dml
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you might like to know I sent the following e-mail to Fortuna:
Quote:
Now that the upgrade for the Clip-On is available, do you have any plans to release an upgrade for the PocketXTrack?

This morning I received the following reply:
Quote:
Thank you for your letter. So far we do not have any plan for the PocketXTrack.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Kathy Lu

Guess who didn't buy a Clip-On? Bummer.Embarassed
mistame
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jlw wrote:
Sorry moderators. Ban me or something. I need to express my self!! Damn ******* **** asssss damn ****!!! I FLASHED MY CLIP-ON IN st MODE AND KNOW THE DEVICE DONT WORK AT ******* ALLL!!! IM HATE THIS ****... IT WAS A MISSTAKE... DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!!!!!!

what should i do?????

I hate hate hate hate this life!

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Hmmmm, i did the same stupid thing :x . I thought i had in in XT mode but flashed in ST on my Belkin Sad . BUT, I also thought I had hard rest it and I think i didnt leave the battery out long enough. It was about when i first put the battery back in that I realized it was in ST mode during the upgrade. In a panic I put it in XT and reflashed the firmware, took out the battery for 30 minutes this time. After putting the battery back in it seemed no power came on for a bit but then it sprang to life, but I still couldn't get a fix. then about 10 minutes later i could get a sparatic fix, then not much later than that I could get a fix with no problem in both ST and XT (7 satellites in both modes indoors) 8O. I haven't tested an actual route since this happened, but everything seems fine. What's supposed to happen when you flash in ST mode? Does it not turn on at all anymore or just not get a fix or what? I'm very curious to know if my unit is alright or might have some future problems. Sorry, I'm still a little shaken up after the thought that i might have fried my new unit.
Mark_anderson_us
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: still can;t upgrade FW Reply with quote

Well I've tried everything and I cannot get the upgrade to work.

When I click execute, I get FAIL after a few seconds and then "Target Not Responding". Tried different com ports, hardware rests, FW on USB stick, etc.

Anyone manage to resolve this? I was really happy that Fortuna were providing an upgrade and now I'm more dissatisfied than if they'd have said you had to buy a new unit.

Mark
TC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark_anderson_us

I did the upgrade exactly per the instructions and it went exactly to plan. I know others have said they used a USB memory stick instead of a floppy drive, but have you tried a floppy?

Have you got a Bluetooth connection between your PC and the Clip-on before you start? If not the upgrade will never work. Suggest you re-pair you PC and the Clip-on and make a new connection. Check the status of the connection (should be 'connected' - you could check the signal strength)

Using my Belkin Bluetooth into a USB on my motherboard I'm using COM 5 if it helps

It will work, and when it does you'll be a happy monkey again!!

Good luck
jlw
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhmmm... i have XT v2 on my ST mode... Thumbs Up
Poporta Alu-Case

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 7 of 12

Jump to: