Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Active sync woes
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Active sync woes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smithy9869
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Active sync woes Reply with quote

Hi,
I have installed m/outlook and active sync +tomtom3 software on my mio 168 and have been using it with no probs until now. I think i may have deleted something on my ppc cos now when i connect the usb cable to the pc+ppc it shows the little circle in the taskbar whick used to go green but now it stays greyed out. My pc is recognising the usb connection as i hear the connection sound and ive tried messing around with a few settings within active sync but to no avail.. I have read the earlier post with a similar prob and done what he did but still the active sync icon is greyed out.

Any ideas
"H E L P"
Darren
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In ActiveStink on the PC, go to Tools > Get Connected and try to force a connection from this side. Sometimes this works and releases your deadlock.

There isn't really much you can delete on your ppc to affect the connection - most of the stuff is in ROM. So if everything else fails (i mean, really everything) you can still do a hard reset to restore the status quo as of product purchase.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
JaseB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got a firewall on your PC - if so try with it switched off - this sorted my activesync woes!
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be a number of things, a firewall blocking the server side connection of ActiveSync, you've accidentally changed the COM port or USB settings in ActiveSync (follow Lutz's instructions), or your COM port for that USB device has changed, check in DEVICE MANAGER and see if the PPC is showing on the correct COM port and that there is no conflict. Sometimes when you install other drivers or hardware, it can shift the COM ports around.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: