Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Camera Manager Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Camera Manager Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marksnsparks wrote:
I'm having some difficulty with Camera Manager v2.7. I've downloaded the full version from Ash10's link several times, but each time I do this my antivirus software recognises a trojan called Artemis and quarantines or removes camera manager.

Ah, not that ol' chestnut again... Rolling Eyes
marksnsparks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've reported the false positive to Avert twice now, but am still waiting for a response. Confused
Audio version 2.30
GTM12 - Version 4.80 Firmware
GPS v3.00
bluetooth software version 3.10
marksnsparks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

After waiting all this time Mcafee finally sorted out the problem with the false positive. Please see their email below in explanation.

McAfee Labs Sample Analysis
Issue Number:5662733
Virus Researcher: Patty Ammirabile
Identified: No Virus/Trojan
McAfee Labs, Beaverton, USA

Thank you for submitting your sample.

Synopsis -

McAfee Labs researchers have examined the file in question and no malware was found.

Solution -

McAfee(R) Artemis technology provides real-time protection that secures enterprises and consumers from threats as they strike and much quicker than traditional signatures can be deployed. As Artemis is updated in real-time there is no requirement to wait for a full DAT update nor to use an EXTRA.DAT intermediate solution. Simply wait approximately 30 minutes and this false will no longer exist or trigger on your system. Depending on the network settings you have or the caching involved between your system and ours it may take slightly longer for this false alarm to be resolved.

Solution -

To ensure that you have the maximum available capability of detecting and cleaning this malware on your system, please make sure you have the latest engine.

Support -

Virus Research accepts file samples for analysis and possible inclusion into AV signature DAT sets. We are also prepared to answer general virus questions.

All product related questions and comments can be addressed through technical support and customer service, including:

* Product installation and update questions
* Product usage questions
* Specific operating system/version questions
* Assistance with detection and cleaning or removal of viruses or trojans

Please use the following link to reach our technical support group for McAfee products.
Audio version 2.30
GTM12 - Version 4.80 Firmware
GPS v3.00
bluetooth software version 3.10
borgmaster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have Vista and IE 8 have tried all the suggestions for vista on previous pages for vista, however still getting the POI directory is not set. Has anyone got the Camera manager to work with IE8 as I suspect its IE8 which is the problem. Have had protected mode off with no luck.
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

borgmaster wrote:
Have Vista and IE 8 have tried all the suggestions for vista on previous pages for vista, however still getting the POI directory is not set. Has anyone got the Camera manager to work with IE8 as I suspect its IE8 which is the problem. Have had protected mode off with no luck.

The POI directory not being set is nothing to with IE8 or Vista:

Left-click on the tray icon to open the Settings window, then click on the Directories tab - what is the POI directory currently set to? If it's blank, then use the Browse... button to set it...
borgmaster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Ash all becomes clear now!!!

Happy new year.
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very happy new year to you all!

Camera Manager v3.0 is now available Very Happy

What's new? In a word, everything! After several years of being hacked about, the original code was becoming a bit of a mess - so it's been completely rewritten from scratch over the past 12 months...

----------------------------------------

Timings tab:

Check boxes have been added to enable and disable individual warnings, without having to change any of the timings to zero.

Icons tab:

Nothing obvious, apart from many more speed limit icons are now available - more on that later.

Settings tab:

Added option for directional warnings for testers/contributors - speed cameras can now be sorted by direction (N, E, S, W). Admittedly you'll get a warning regardless of your direction of travel, but with a suitable voice warning you'll know the direction without taking your eyes off the road.

All separated Overspeed warnings are now combined into a single POI category in order to half the overall number of POI categories.

Regions tab:

This is the biggie - Camera Manager now has international support, which was the principal reason behind the rewrite.

You can mix and match mph/kph speed limits easily, and speeds from 10 to 130kph are supported, in 5kph increments.

Please read the help file to make sure that you understand how all this works!

Directories tab:

No change, sorry!

Options tab:

Added tester/contributor options to automatically quit Camera Manager after checking for database updates if there aren't any available, and to provide rudimentary automation for POI Loader.

----------------------------------------

With the addition of directional warnings and support for kph speed limits, Camera Manager can theoretically create a huge number of POI categories - I've written a small utility to help create all the necessary voice warnings for these categories, here

Finally, a huge Thank You to all those who have beta-tested and provided valuable feedback over the last couple of months Cool
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works nicely with my Zumo 550

Very Happy

I keep on learning but they invent new things faster ,How do I keep up ?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work.

Might have to find the 765T to give it a play...
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works just fine with my nuvi 255wt. Good work.

One thing, the directional warnings have greatly multiplied the number of poi categories. So I can no longer put my camera data in a subfolder (called New Folder) to stop it cluttering up the 'tourism' poi's on the Garmin. [The extra categories break the subfolder limit in POI Loader].

The solution is to put the camera poi's in the root of the SD card, with the 'tourism' poi's in a couple of folders (called A-F and G-Z) and spread equally to improve access speed.

Dales.
alan_sh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just started to use v3.0 and I noticed that the files created have SC in the middle of the filename (rather than UK). Why is that?

Alan
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SC stands I would think for Speed Camera . The difference with this version is that you can mix UK and foreign speed cameras as It isnt MPH or KMH dependent. (clever little devil that Ash)

I keep on learning but they invent new things faster ,How do I keep up ?
Barncluith
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently I have had problems with downloads using the latest version of Camera Manager.

One of the problems was the different file formats my downloads produced.

For example my previous file "pocketgps_uk_gatso_70_csv" was downloaded as "Pocketgps_sv_Gatso_seventy_gpx. "

This means that I have to change all my voice wav files so that they work with the speed camera database.

Would it not be a good idea to standardise on file format i.e. the use of upper and lower case characters and the use of only alpha or numeric characters for speed
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barncluith wrote:
This means that I have to change all my voice wav files so that they work with the speed camera database.

Would it not be a good idea to standardise on file format i.e. the use of upper and lower case characters and the use of only alpha or numeric characters for speed

CM has never used numerical speeds in filenames, because if POI Loader sees a number in the filename it will impose it's own alert timings. Similarly, CM has always used GPX files, as CSV files cannot convey the required alert timing/distance information.

As others have said, the "UK" in the filenames has changed to "SC" - as with CM3 they're no longer necessary UK-specific. (And yes, SC does stand for speed camera.)

CM3 can generate 395 different camera warnings - so if you're using third-party voice warnings, some filenames will be different, and you'll probably be missing quite a few.

Having said that, the voice pack for CM3 comes with a utility to create all these warning phrases from just 23 word samples - so it's pretty straightforward if you want to create your own voice pack.
Barncluith
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for that, a most helpful reply.

One other issue. When I downloaded the database this morning using CM I only got two bmp and csv files. Since I have always downloaded the "Speed Zone Complete" database I would have expected individual files for each different speed / camera type.

I notice the PGPSW download page states "You last downloaded: CameraManager [UK - Single CSV (Garmin)]" . Is this the consolidated file?. If so how do I change it?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 55 of 77

Jump to: