Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Which Tom Tom do I have?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Which Tom Tom do I have?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsmail
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Which Tom Tom do I have? Reply with quote

Looking to update maps on my TT One but TT website requires me to tell them which TT I have. On the unit itself it says:

TOMTOM ONE N14644 CANADA 310

On the box it states 30 series

TT Website offers TOMTOM with two 30 series options

125/130 or TTS/125S/130S

Which one should I select?

Thanks

Dave

Last edited by dsmail on Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "S" denotes Text To Speech, can your device read out road names and place names, go to Change Preferences/ Voice Preferences/ Switch voice and scroll through all the available voices, if there are one or two that say "Computer voice" top right then yours is a TTS model, if you don't find any computer voices its fair to assume yours is the non TTS unit - Mike
dsmail
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. There is no computer voices listed so it must be the
125/130 version.

Thanks

Dave
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing you are not in the UK? (the mention of "Canada" in the model number MIGHT be a clue, but it could just be a codename).

The two versions you quote (125/130 or TTS/125S/130S) are not mentioned on the UK website, so if you ARE from the UK, you need to change the country in the top right corner of the Homepage.

If you are from Canada or the US then ignore me! Smile
dsmail
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in the UK. This item was bought from QVC (uk) a year ago so assume it's appropriate for this country - it works fine.
I changed the country to Canada when logging on to TT website, where the 130 is mentioned, but the map area of the shop on the site is closed for repair. How critical is it that I use the specific UK and ROI map from the Canadian site. Possibly QVC US has supplied these units to it's sister company here in the UK. All a bit of a mystery?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What map is currently installed to the device tap the sat strength meter followed by the version box and the resultant screen will show you the map name, version and build number along with other information.

I had wrongly assumed you were Canadian from the OP and the model numbers you mentioned Embarassed FWIW the Canadian TT web site has been down for ages, in fact I am not too sure it has ever worked - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So.. I reckon you need to ignore the "Canada" - it *is* just a codename.

Give us the map name as Mike suggests and start looking at the UK TomTom site

A couple of copies of stuff I've written up before:

-----------------------------------------------------------
As far as I know there have been these versions in the UK:
(these v numbers are NOT the ones the retailers often call them by!)
v1 = Original "One" - (UK retailers call these the "V1")
v2 = never released
v3 = the One "New Edition" (now called by TomTom the "Second Edition") (UK retailers call these the "V2")
v4 - The first with GL Hammerhead GPS chipset, flash memory and SD card slot , Bluetooth, but no RDS-TMC connection, but it was very short lived - possibly only available in the US.
v5 = Original One XL
v6 = One Third Edition Europe unit (UK retailers call these the "V3")
v7 = One Third Edition Regional unit (UK retailers call these the "V3")
v8 = One New version with fold away mount. Sometimes called the "30 Series" or "22" model (UK retailers call these the "V4")
v9 = XL New version with fold away mount Sometimes called the "30 Series" or "22" model (note it's no longer called the "One XL", just the "XL")
(and since then the IQ Routes and LIVE models as well)

(v1 to v5 have Bluetooth (for data transmission only, not handsfree), v6 and above have NO Bluetooth an NO SD card slot)

So what you might call a "v2", is called the "New (or "2nd") Edition" by TomTom and is actually a v3!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The easiest way to be sure is to use the actual model number on the bottom (something like "4N01.002") to work it out.
I've compiled a list on another forum, which I'll copy here:

Quote:
TomTom One Original/First Edition: 4N00.001 / 4N00.003
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TomTom One "New Edition"/"Second Edition": 4N00.004.2 (SD card only, no internal flash. SiRF Star III chip. Recognized as ONE v3 in the HOME device information.

TomTom One "New Edition"/"Second Edition" (Regional): 4N00.012 , (SD card only, no internal flash. Hammerhead chipset. Serial # Z3xxxxxxxxxx

TomTom One "New Edition"/"Second Edition" (Europe): 4N00.005 - 1GB internal memory plus SD card slot, Western Europe and Canary Islands maps (v6.75, Teleatlas), Bluetooth, Summer bundle orange box (the device is in separate green box), bundled with carrying case and 30-day traffic info. Recognized as ONE v4 in the HOME device information.

TomTom One "New Edition"/"Second Edition"/"LE" (USA): 4N00.005 - Same as above? 1GB internal memory plus SD card slot, Bluetooth, no RDS-TMC. Recognized as ONE v4 in the HOME device information. The name "LE" seems only to have been used in the US.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TomTom One "3rd Edition" (Orange Box, Christmas 2007): 4N01.000
TomTom One "3rd Edition" (Regional) UK and Southern Ireland maps. 512MB memory (Orange Box): 4N01.001
TomTom One "3rd Edition" (Europe) Western Europe maps. 1GB memory (Green box): 4N01.002
TomTom One "3rd Edition" (U.S.) V8.010 and V815.2022 US/Canada map. 1 GB Flash: 4N01.002
TomTom One "3rd Edition": 4M01.002 (unknown, picture on TT website)
TomTom One XL (regional, with no flash memory) Supplied with UK and Eire on a 240MB SD card: 4S00.006
TomTom One XL (regional, with 512mb built-in memory. and SD card slot. GB map installed): 4S00.007
TomTom One XL (Europe, with SD card slot and ??? internal memory: 4S00.000
TomTom One XL (New Zealand): 4S00.007
TomTom One XL (U.S. and Canada maps, 1GB internal memory and SD card slot. BT data): 1S00.080
Latest "ONE" and "XL" models with "easyport" mounts:
Known as the "30 series" or "22 models" (TomTom website uses BOTH these numbers to describe them! I think it is to do with the number of countries in the Europe maps) and also "2008 models" -

TomTom One Both Western Europe and UK models - 4EE0.001.00 and also 4EE0.001.16 (UK and IE, bundle with "Roadside Assist") memory is 512MB, UK & ROI map

TomTom One 125 (US model) v8.040. December 2008 - 4EE0.001.02 1GB model with no BT or SD slot and only one US (& Puerto Rico) map.
Refurbished One 125 (US model) v7.502. February 2009. - 4EE0.001.00R 1GB model with no BT or SD slot and only one US (& Puerto Rico) map.

TomTom XL "30 series" or "22" - UK model supplied with v8.010 (9369/080529) os190943 gpsv1.21 boot5.5011and GB+IR v815.2024 maps - 4EG0.001.00

TomTom XL Europe with 1GB internal drive, v815.2024 Western_Europe maps - same ID number as UK model - 4EG0.001.00

Both these models have internal memory ONLY - No SD card slot.

TomTom XL Traffic. New version XL Regional (UK) bundled with the USB traffic receiver in single blue box. 8EG0.013.00.2 on the BOX and 4EG0.001.00 (again) on the device.

Comet exclusive - XL Europe "31 Special Edition" with TTS - 4EG0.001.09 - 2GB nominal storage capacity with about 400MB free out of the box. App 8.014 (9372/080612) OS: 198799 GPS v1.21, Boot 5.5019 Map: 'Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB' v725.1915 Comes with "Vocaliser" TTS system, not "Loquendo"

TomTom XL 330 "30 series" with TTS (Blue Box) -l 4EGO.001.08 (Australia) {Also known as ONE XL (v9)}
Came installed with Navcore 8.017 and v815 maps. TTS, Traffic compatible, No SD Slot, 1Gb internal memory

In the US those same models are called:
TomTom One "130" (US and Canada maps) and
TomTom XL "330" (US and Canada maps)
There is also a "cut-down" TomTom One 125 GPS - Black - US/Puerto Rico maps, no TTS or Bluetooth - (both 1EE0.017.01 and 4EE0.001.00 (the same as the UK ONE 30 series) have been reported - can anyone confirm?
and there are also text to speech versions in the US:
TomTom One XL.S - the older version: 1S00.082
TomTom One 130.S
TomTom XL.330.S
dsmail
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the item I have according to the code printed on the base. 4EE0.001.16

"TomTom One Both Western Europe and UK models - 4EE0.001.00 and also 4EE0.001.16 (UK and IE, bundle with "Roadside Assist") memory is 512MB, UK & ROI map"

The map info is:
UK and ROI v815.2024

All that said, it looks like I have the Tom Tom One 30 series (125/130) which is listed on the uk tom tom site.
Quite a path to finding all that out.

Thanks all

Dave[/b]

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: