Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Lane Separation
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Lane Separation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Lane Separation Reply with quote

Hi

On my 730 i am not getting signpost info of the route to follow. or the 3D arrow indication lane to follow. just brought under a week ago so try to understand where things are on it Embarassed
Alabama978
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: lane guidance Reply with quote

Could be the Navcore is not at the version that supports lane guidance, or your map version is not at the right version that has lane guidance in it.

No doubt one of the more knowledgeable members will be along to advise the precise versions.
Nas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: lane guidance Reply with quote

Alabama978 wrote:
Could be the Navcore is not at the version that supports lane guidance, or your map version is not at the right version that has lane guidance in it.

No doubt one of the more knowledgeable members will be along to advise the precise versions.

i done search on the few well known GPS sites including this one also it shows on the box that the 730 has Advanced Lane Guidance. the person i brought mine off said he upgraded it to 740 model.
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't just 'upgrade' a 730 to a 740.

The 740 has different hardware for LIVE services etc!

Sounds like whoever you bought it off has tried some rather dodgy stuff!

iPhone 12
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Switch the device on and then tap the sat strength meter (lower right) followed by the version box, post the information contained on the resultant screen except the device ID as I want to see details of Navcore version, map version and the boot loader in use which will all be displayed on the screen if you follow the above instructions.

Once we know whats on your device we can offer further advice, as I am not really bothered if you have a 730 dressed up to look and behave like a 740, although I would question whether the purchase was wise as you could have a device that cannot be updated depending upon how much messing has been carried out prior to you buying the device - Mike
Nas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Switch the device on and then tap the sat strength meter (lower right) followed by the version box, post the information contained on the resultant screen except the device ID as I want to see details of Navcore version, map version and the boot loader in use which will all be displayed on the screen if you follow the above instructions.

Once we know whats on your device we can offer further advice, as I am not really bothered if you have a 730 dressed up to look and behave like a 740, although I would question whether the purchase was wise as you could have a device that cannot be updated depending upon how much messing has been carried out prior to you buying the device - Mike

Here is the info

App 8.351 (9982/090518)

GPS v1.20,

Boot 5.5120

Map Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB v800.1762

i have compared my 730 with somone who has same model at work there is no differents so i dont know why the seller said he upgraded it to 740 Confused on ebay. payed £117 the extras that came in box was genuine carry case and external antenna I been told i won't see these infos at every motorway exit. only a limited amount is covered. so looks like more testing needs doing
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should see the "advance lane guidance" (the blue arrows in the bottom left corner) at most major junctions and the "reality view" (the pretty picture of the junction) at most Motorway junctions but not all.

First check your preferences menus, you should have "Show Lane Guidance" ticked in "Status Bar Preferences" and you should have "Hide Lane images" (with a red cross) showing in a later preferences page (3 of 9 on my 720) - meaning that it IS selected to show them.

Then, if you do a "prepare route" from N51.55524 E0.28842 to N51.57416 E0.27459 (i.e. coming off the M25 at J29 onto the A127) and run a DEMO of the route, you should see them both
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Map version 800 is quite old now (nearly 2 years?) so may not have many junctions set with these functions. You may not even have the option shown if the map is too old. If you had bought a new unit, you could have upgraded to the latest version for free within 30 days of buying the kit.

As Mike mentioned, you may have problems if you want to upgrade to the latest map which has these extras onmany junctions.
Brodit ProClip mount
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with up to date maps I wouldn't expect to see the reality view screen kick in for more than around 10% of UK Motorway slip roads, to be honest unless you intend updating the device with new maps you would be far better off running Navcore 8,010 on the device as there is no point running anything later than that, in fact with 8,010 loaded you will find the device more responsive - Mike
Nas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the morning i driving from High Wycombe to biggins hill airport i just done a demo from wycombe it only shows blue arrows in the left corner no
reality view as joined M40 from handycross roundabout but it did show reality view when i was joining M25 heathrow from M40 also had reality view when exiting M25 jct 6 Very Happy going to see what it does on it way back from biggins hill onto M4 jct 8/9 towards marlow
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it sounds like it is working correctly.
Nas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
So it sounds like it is working correctly.

yep looks like its working Very Happy
Nas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

falkirk81 wrote:
You can't just 'upgrade' a 730 to a 740.

The 740 has different hardware for LIVE services etc!

Sounds like whoever you bought it off has tried some rather dodgy stuff!

Spoke to seller he said what he meant say in his ad that the reason hes selling his 730 was bec he upgraded to 740

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: