Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How do I submit camera please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I submit camera please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GNR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: How do I submit camera please Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a TT 930 and a few days ago discovered a mobile camera site which was not in the latest database.
I used the report camera location button on my TT

Question is can anyone let me know which file I need to take from my TT to send to this web site so I can help update the national database please

I appologise if this question has been answered before.

GNR
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: How do I submit camera please Reply with quote

Hi GNR,

GNR wrote:
I have a TT 930 and a few days ago discovered a mobile camera site which was not in the latest database.

Well spotted!

GNR wrote:
I used the report camera location button on my TT.

Unfortunately this only submits sites to the TomTom camera database, not the PocketGPSWorld camera database.

GNR wrote:
Question is can anyone let me know which file I need to take from my TT to send to this web site so I can help update the national database please.

You can submit new camera sites to the PocketGPSWorld camera database but using this web page.

Please ensure that you are a fully subscribed member before you submit the details.

All of the instructions necessary to submit the camera site are on the submission web page. if you have any further questions on submiting then please don't hesitate to ask here! Thumbs Up

Don't worry, it may look complicated but take it one step at a time and you'll submit a camera with no problem.

Don't forget to use the map/satellite views for optimum location of the site.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
GNR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Robert for the helpful advice.

Would have been great if that feature on the TT could be used to capture camera's that could then be extracted to a file.

Cheers

Steve
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

GNR wrote:
Cheers Robert for the helpful advice.

No problem.

GNR wrote:
Would have been great if that feature on the TT could be used to capture camera's that could then be extracted to a file.

Absolutely. PocketGPSWorld has some very good programmers who wrote just such a tool, a few years ago, for both TomTom on a PDA and also TomTom PNDs (e.g. GO 930). That tool was called POICapture. Unfortunately a year or so ago, TomTom decided to withdraw compatibility of their own SDK (Software Development Kit) from the latest versions of their applications, which stopped POICapture from working.

However, all is not lost. Have a read of Andy_P's excellent post here, which describes several methods on how to accurately capture a camera site's location. Personally I prefer to use "Method 3b - Quickmenu Map Corrections".

It may look complicated, but try it on a dry run a few times and it does become a lot easier to use.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: