Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - A12 Roadworks 30mph limit, cameras?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

A12 Roadworks 30mph limit, cameras?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrohomon
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: A12 Roadworks 30mph limit, cameras? Reply with quote

Went down to to Eltham tonight and noticed the roadworks on the A12 not far from the blackwall tunnel have 30mph signs with camera logos on them, did not see any but am a little worried as i being a donut didn't see it until a ways in and was doing about 45mph. Everyone else was definetly doing over 30 so not toooo worried. Any idea on these?
freedy50
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive mentioned this on another topic.

The works are going to be going on until June next year. The area seems to be from the Lea interchange for about a mile southbound & northbound. the 50mph camera Northbound may have already been changed down to 30. Dont want to risk trying it though!!

Also you would have noticed the new specs cameras when you came back through the northbound tunnel Sad

Actually, a further thought on this. The works are all to do with the Olympic site, so theyll hope to catch as many people as possible so as to get some further income for the Olympics!!!!! Rolling Eyes
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freedy50 wrote:

Actually, a further thought on this. The works are all to do with the Olympic site, so theyll hope to catch as many people as possible so as to get some further income for the Olympics!!!!! Rolling Eyes

Oooooo, you old cynic. Laughing
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freedy50 wrote:
so theyll hope to catch as many people as possible so as to get some further income for the Olympics!!!!! Rolling Eyes

Not from our sprinters! Twisted Evil
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless they exceed 30 Cool Question
jrohomon
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freedy50 wrote:

Also you would have noticed the new specs cameras when you came back through the northbound tunnel Sad

:

Hi, do you mean the side coming AWAY from Greenwich etc? If so i'm lucky then as my average speed was about 14mph :D Are there new cameras on the side approaching Greenwich? The LSCP site only mentions the gatso (the one coming away from Greenwich) and lists the average speed cameras as still being trialled.
freedy50
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrohomon wrote:
freedy50 wrote:

:

Hi, do you mean the side coming AWAY from Greenwich etc? If so i'm lucky then as my average speed was about 14mph :D Are there new cameras on the side approaching Greenwich? The LSCP site only mentions the gatso (the one coming away from Greenwich) and lists the average speed cameras as still being trialled.

Yes, brand new bright yellow things. Theres also the matching pair thats now been moved to the traffic lights when you come out of the Northbound.

I think if you come through in busy traffic at about 20mph, you could get up to 40 between the exit & the traffic lights without getting done.
jrohomon
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The traffic lights right after you come out of the tunnel on the greenwich side? If so i was stuck behind cars for about 3 minutes almost to a standstill in that lane after i exited the tunnel before reaching the traffic lights Smile
jrohomon
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can more or less confirm the cameras are not set to 30mph, the amount of people blowing past at 50 at the camera with no flash seems to confirm that. I'm sticking to about 32-33 on that stretch though. any idea if it will be spec'ed up anytime soon?
jrohomon
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a heads up to anyone going up there on the A12, the cameras are definetly set to 30mph now. Someone behind me was stupid/unfortunate enough to go over at 50mph and flash went the camera, this was last Saturday night and definetly a camera flash. I've went over at about 28mph since the inception of the signs!
freedy50
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cameras coming southbound & northbound at the Lea Interchange both seem to have been raised back up to 50.

Can anyone confirm this?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: