Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Map 835.2419 Released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Map 835.2419 Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Montala
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
And this morning it looks like they are starting up with a round robin for Traffic at 25% discount. Evil or Very Mad

... well, I received a 'personal' offer of 25% discount off an XL Live IQ routes edition! Smile
Montala
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Montala wrote:
... continued.

... and this is on a fast Pentium 4 PC with 4MB of RAM...
Ye Gods!! Are there still Pentium 4s with 4MB of RAM about?? Very Happy

Well, I suppose there might be, but I had a bit of a "Senior Moment" there... mine is actually a Core 2 Duo E8600 powered model, with 4 GB RAM, and a 1TB hard drive, so it is certainly no slouch! Very Happy
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave2951 wrote:
I have now tried twice to download updated maps on my 710, first time the server timed out after around 45 minutes second attempt is now showing 1 hour 20 minutes and slowly decreasing, rather pathetic in todays age. Very Happy

Think yourself lucky! We only have a 512Kb/s link - it took nearly 8 hours to download. Rolling Eyes
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to sicken you all off - last night I did Latest Map Guarantee for my brand new XL Live UK & ROI. Start to finish took less than 10 minutes (Cable broadband up to 20MB).

But I then discovered I'd lost Mapsettings.cfg so took a hell of a lot longer than 10 minutes putting that right. Ridiculous - the same map on my GO920 (well, Western & Central Europe) retained my Mapsettings.cfg. The ways of TT are mysterious indeed.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Wheelz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Apple Mac Reply with quote

I've experienced most of the problems covered by this topic.

I've managed to sort some out, but I'm currently unable to connect to TT Traffic via my mobile phone and Orange World.

Recently TT Support sent me a link to the very latest version of TT Home saying that this would sort out all my problems. Unfortunately it was for Windows and I use an Apple Mac.

On this forum I've seen that the latest TT Home is 2.7.1.1812: but mine is 2.7.2.598. Am I correct in assuming that 2.7.1.1812 only applies to Windows users?
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this link should get you the latest Mac version.
pjn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to add my thanks (again) to the wonderful help on this forum.

I've also been hit with the HD Traffic problem when updating my 740 to the latest maps... and a quick scour of this thread gave me the answer in minutes.

Like many others, I've yet to have a map update go successfully first time round. The first 2 had been victims of the 'corrupt O2 download' issue (solved with the help of this forum), and the third was this Traffic problem.

No doubt TomTom support would have taken days/weeks/months to give me a suitable answer ... so thanks again to the help from the great people here Very Happy
Wheelz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: 520T Reply with quote

Thank you, yes this is the same version number of TT Home as I'm using.

Up until about 3 weeks ago I hadn't made much use of the T part of the 520T, but I believe it was working after the previous map update.

As documented by others earlier in this strand plugging the RDS-TMC cable into the TT resulted in the device freezing, following advice from TT Support, and I think a 'crucial update', I managed to get it constantly seeking a signal, more changes and on a planned journey it came up with a green circle. So I thought it had been fixed.

There followed more adjustments on TT Support advice to try to fix the main problem.

However a couple of weeks ago on a journey between North Derbyshire and Bournmouth it constantly showed the car and moving arrow on top symbol, I gave up after 2 hours and disconnected at Newbury Services. There hadn't been any major delays, I imagined it should have shown the green circle by then.

I made some more changes and recently it worked again on a planned journey after about 5 minutes.

I'm just about to follow advice from TT Support to change other settings, and wondered how the RDS-TMC service operates in the UK. Should there be an update broadcast and captured by the device after say every 30 minutes, or is it possible to travel 100 miles in 2 hours on Motorways and major trunk roads and not pick up any traffic information?

I need to know because I like to check changes to try to get the subscription based TT Traffic working, haven't messed up the RDS-TMC Traffic settings.

Thanks.
norm2002
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
But I then discovered I'd lost Mapsettings.cfg so took a hell of a lot longer than 10 minutes putting that right. Ridiculous - the same map on my GO920 (well, Western & Central Europe) retained my Mapsettings.cfg. The ways of TT are mysterious indeed.

I found when I installed it on my 940 on Monday that it deleted my mapsettings.cfg. Copied over the one from my backup from just before installing and it got in the interminable loop of restarting every time from the startup screen. Put back my previous backup - reinstalled 2419 and then had the idea of copying over my mapsettings.cfg from a backup I made 3 weeks ago. For some reason this time it worked fine. Don't know if there was a reason or if I was just lucky.
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: 520T Reply with quote

Wheelz wrote:
Should there be an update broadcast and captured by the device after say every 30 minutes, or is it possible to travel 100 miles in 2 hours on Motorways and major trunk roads and not pick up any traffic information?

I need to know because I like to check changes to try to get the subscription based TT Traffic working, haven't messed up the RDS-TMC Traffic settings.

The updates happen much more frequently than that. I haven't timed them, but they are at least every 5 minutes, if not more often.

If you haven't picked up a signal in 2 hours then your RDS-TMC isn't receiving correctly - either because of a fault or because you are in an area of weak signal.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22

Jump to: