Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot for iPhone hits the UK Appstore
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot for iPhone hits the UK Appstore
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

epic_monkey wrote:
Wow...would definately have thought they would have sorted out the dimming issue. Such an obvious bug.

i've still never experienced this... perhaps alk have also never seen it happen?

MaFt
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
epic_monkey wrote:
Wow...would definately have thought they would have sorted out the dimming issue. Such an obvious bug.

i've still never experienced this... perhaps alk have also never seen it happen?

MaFt

I've never reported it, as it's never happened to me!
It is interesting that Live Services seem inconsistent across people's experiences...

Some had live search - not me. Nobody seems to have it now.
Now some have Live fuel - me included, while others have not...
pete1336
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure everyone had live search in the original release, just didn't realise it as it was only accessible via one small button in one place only during app startup.
Redtel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: PhotoNav anyone? Reply with quote

Has anyone noticed the option for creating a favourite using a 'PhotoNav' button. I don't know if it has always been there but it looks to be enabled. The only problem is that it gives a blank screen when you tap on it.

Does anyone know what this is for? My guess is it should bring up your geotagged photos to allow you to navigate to that location or save it as a favourite.

To find it, follow the path below.

Menu - My Places - Favourites - Add New - tap the right arrow to get to second screen - see PhotoNav.

Any views?

Question
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: PhotoNav anyone? Reply with quote

Redtel wrote:
Has anyone noticed the option for creating a favourite using a 'PhotoNav' button. I don't know if it has always been there but it looks to be enabled.

When I looked at the generic description of Co-Pilot Live 8 features, I noted PhotoNav was listed (using a geotagged image on the device to define a destination). I immediately looked for it on the original release, to find it wasn't listed.

I too now find that it results in a 'blank page'...

This release is starting to feel more like a Beta, isn't it?!
Redtel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: PhotoNav anyone? Reply with quote

bedbug wrote:

This release is starting to feel more like a Beta, isn't it?!

I agree bedbug. There's this issue, then the corrupt keyboard when naming a new routing profile. Also, when you hold your finger on the map to get the option to add your own POI, when you get the 'name this place' screen, the button for confirming this is entitled 'Add details' but this has been overlayed by another word written in grey which I can't quite make out.

I appreciate none of these are show stoppers but I like this app and wouldn't want bad reviews to bring down its popularity.

I can confirm that the lane assist rendering is now fixed and looks really good. I tried it on the motorway today. You have to be in ladnscape mode to see it.
jassy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Does anyone find the copilot volume TOO LOUD? Reply with quote

Surely I can't be the only person in this position (or if I am, please help!!!)

I've got my iphone plugged into a parrot mki9100.

When I'm listening to music/podcasts etc. and I run the copilot app, I find that the instructions from copilot seem to come out at almost full volume.

It's so loud in fact that most of the time I actually turn off all the spoken directions.

I asked navigon support and they say apple hasn't provided an api to adjust the volume...
pete1336
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having added a custom poi and placed it into the favourites category. How the hell is it removed? It cannot be found in the usual favourites section to be edited/deleted.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: PhotoNav anyone? Reply with quote

My thoughts on PhotoNav is that it will be special POIs that can be downloaded from CoPilot servers rather than making your own? just speculation though...

and yes, this version DOES feel like a beta...

redtel wrote:
Also, when you hold your finger on the map to get the option to add your own POI, when you get the 'name this place' screen, the button for confirming this is entitled 'Add details' but this has been overlayed by another word written in grey which I can't quite make out.

ooh, didn't realise you could save pois like that! the grey text says 'Continue' and once you start typing a name the 'Add Details' text dissapears and is replaced with 'Continue'

i saved a new POI to 'Favourites' but then when you go to my places, favourites it doesn;t show up. BUT if you go to point of interest, favourites it shows in there... this seems counter-intuitive... i also can;t delete or edit it now as there is no 'edit' in POIs, only under favourites

MaFt
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iphone / settings / copilot

did a full reset and that removed my POI i added. bit of a rubbish way to delete 1 favourite/poi as i then had to resync with live, resetup voices etc etc...!

MaFt
SSR
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Does anyone find the copilot volume TOO LOUD? Reply with quote

jassy wrote:
Surely I can't be the only person in this position (or if I am, please help!!!)

You're not, a couple of other people have mentioned this including me.

I did wonder whether it was an API issue, and that confirms it unfortunately.
jadakin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly looks like the interface logic is a bit twisted. POI/Favourites seems to be an entirely different thing to My Places/Favourites, hence markers created in one do not show up in the other. There doesn't seem to be any way of deleting POI/Favourites, or indeed, any POI's, which could cause problems. You can load the PGPSW speedcams (on a jailbroken phone), and they are incorporated as a sub-category of POI/Safety Cameras. The problem is, you can't readily get rid of the native ones, so many camera locations are doubled up, which will presumably be a nightmare when driving (none near me to try). Incidentally, the warnings seem to be simple ogg files, so changing them should be straightforward.
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: PhotoNav anyone? Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
My thoughts on PhotoNav is that it will be special POIs that can be downloaded from CoPilot servers rather than making your own? just speculation though...

It would appear that PhotoNav is already available for other platforms, hence its inclusion in the Online Manual:

CoPilot Online User Manual wrote:
Use PhotoNav to Select a Photo with Location Information

The PhotoNav feature is only available for mobile devices which have a camera that can capture geotagged photos. Please refer to your mobile devices' user manual for more information. Feature not currently available in CoPilot Live for Android phones or iPhone.

Discovering a quiet beach or a breathtaking view can make any journey worthwhile. Take a photo using the camera on your mobile device not only captures the moment, it can also record your exact GPS position meaning that CoPilot Live can bring you back to the same place again and again.

1.First capture a photo at your current location. When you take a photo, your mobile device uses GPS to record your exact position and other location information which is stored with the photo.
2.Select Menu - Destination - PhotoNav. A list of photos containing location information will be displayed. An image thumbnail for each photo is shown.
3.Select the photo that shows the place you want to visit.
CoPilot will display the place on a map, show the latitude and longitude of the destination, and display an image thumbnail of the photo.
4.Select GO to begin navigating there.

Tip: Import photos with location information to your mobile device so you can navigate to them using PhotoNav. You can share photos with location information with others. Connect your mobile device to your PC using the sychronisation software and cable supplied with your phone, Then, use File Explorer to browse and copy these photos to either:

*My Device - My Documents - My POI
*My Device - Storage Card - My Documents - My POI

Tip: Send a photo with location information to others using e-mail or MMS. Refer to your mobile devices user manual for more details.

MaFt wrote:
did a full reset and that removed my POI i added. bit of a rubbish way to delete 1 favourite/poi as i then had to resync with live, resetup voices etc etc...!

CoPilot Online User Manual wrote:
Edit POI Sets

NOTE: Not currently available in CoPilot Live for iPhone.

This feature allows you to manage and edit POI data sets either created by yourself or purchased and downloaded to CoPilot Live through CoPilot Central.

*Press Edit POI Sets
*Select the data list that you want to adapt and press the Edit button. You can edit a specific record or add another record following the same steps outlined in Manage POIs.

Still doesn't sound like you can actually delete the POIs!
sooteee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just realised the speed cams aren't directional - POO!

That needs sorting immediately!

Shocked
mattyduk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

took the copilot for a longish test yesterday, around 60 miles each way on the m3 and m25. Putting away the fact that these roads are now more like single lane A roads, here's my findings.

got off to a bad start as it crashed about 10 minutes into the journey, but to be fair I had said to the other half that perhaps I should reboot the phone before we started out.

I then had trouble getting into landscape mode, I think mainly because her in doors wasn't swinging it to landscape in it's cradle quick enough, but it would be nice to have an on screen orientation feature or option to lock it.

Cameras, despite there being some pretty permanent average speed cams (on the yellow masts), a fair number were missing from copilot.

Speech was nice and clear ,considering I'm just using the iphone speaker, and the display clear and details and bit more refreshing than my old tomtom one. I wish you could select more than two info items (instead of loop) in landscape mode, i.e time of arrival, distance to go, and current speed.

The M25 J23/J24 were closed yesterday for a laugh, so when I got near J21 (J22 was heavily delayed according to the signs), I used the detour button. This for the most part worked very well. However I couldn't tell it the M25 was blocked as it tried to bring me back via A roads onto the M25 at J22. I suppose I just needed to click detour again, but it would be nice to be able to say, this road is blocked, don't use it for this journey.

Noticed that it picked up a speed camera that wasn't actually on the M25 but a road that ran below it (about 100 years off to the right).

Lane guidance graphic has been fixed (hurrah), and it again, for the most part it worked well. It didn't cope with the M25/M3 turn off (J12) which then splits into North/South M3 sliproads as it displayed the M25/M3 guidance but not the M3.

So overall, yes it still has faults but much better than my TomTom. It's still an addition to a drivers know how, as if my wife had just been using it, she should have got lost.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 17 of 24

Jump to: