Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SmartST with bt gps??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SmartST with bt gps??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ukblade
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: SmartST with bt gps?? Reply with quote

Having had my 3970 stolen off the windscreen does anyone know as I have now invested in a 2210/TT3/Royaltek bt3000 will I be able to use the SmartST software without the Navman sleeve.
I have installed the SmartST software onto my CF card with TT3 on my SD card, TT3 still works OK but if I start SmartST I dont get any COM port options and obviously no sat signal.
Is there a way around this as the reason I bought the royaltek was to replay my journeys but this does not seem possible with TT3 and I have read reviews of the royaltek playing back through SmartST, and as I still have the software I was hoping I could use this instead of having to buy another map software, which I cant seem to get a definitive answer as to which map software I can replay the royaltek through.
Thanks mark.
gracar
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your version of Navman SmartST came with the sleeve then you can only use it with the sleeve - they are locked together.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of SmartST do you have? My understanding is that V1 was locked to the Navman sleeve but that V2 wasn't.
ukblade
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, it looks like it wont work then, mine was a gps3400 SmartST Pro which came with the sleeve, as I said I had the ipaq stolen with the sleeve on it so I was hoping I might be able to use the software as i am trying to find a map software to play back the royaltek datalogs on.
Guess I'll have to keep looking for another option now, Thanks for the replies, Mark.
Ghostryder
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if u are sure its the sleeve that came with your issue of smart st, are u sure u just dont need it reactivating so u can install on a new ipaq ?

i had to reactivate my smart st 1.97 when i purchased it off ebay.
unfortunately for me it didnt solve my problem as i thn found out i had bought one of the earlier navman models titled 'ipaq navigation system' which was superceded by the nav3400.
bad luck for me i was sold it as a navman 3400.

navman told me on tech support thn that smart st and the nav sleeves are locked together and thus need unlocking to install on different units to the first one.

they tried to reflash my ipaq navigation sleeve to the gps 3400 setting but it didnt work.
cos of the above problesm, i went and bought a Emtac sleeve and tomtom3 cos it works with the majority of gps/software combos
Smile
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghostryder wrote:
unfortunately for me it didnt solve my problem as i thn found out i had bought one of the earlier navman models titled 'ipaq navigation system' which was superceded by the nav3400.
bad luck for me i was sold it as a navman 3400.

Sorry, but this information isn't correct. The iNS was *not* superseded by the 3400. They were and are different systems.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: