Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GO 730 No Safety Camera Locations Displayed
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GO 730 No Safety Camera Locations Displayed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rodger1331
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: GO 730 No Safety Camera Locations Displayed Reply with quote

Plrase forgive me if this question has been asked before

Just bought a new Go 730 and works a treat. The only problem I have is the safety camera locations which were updated via TomTom Home when I first connected, do not show up on the map. The warnings still work fine but the actual camera locations don't show up either in 3D or 2D maps
The Safety_Cam_UK_TomTom.ov2 file the .dct file and the .ver file are all present in the European map folder, other .ov2 files which I have added do show up no problem but not the cameras
Am I missing something as I have looked in the manage poi's and the cameras in the map folder are not listed but the other poi's I have added are listed.
I used to run TomTom on a PDA without any problem but thought it was time to upgrade to something a bit better

Any help would be much appreciated
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's as designed, and is one of the (many) disadvantages of tomTom's own safety camera system.
They used to be trated as normal POIs, but some time ago thay were re-done in order to have their own set-up (in the Plus Services menu). They dodn't show up in the POI list (even though they are still .ov2 files and they don't show up in Browse map.
I don't think they show up if you run a demo route either.

As well as being far more accurate, the PGPSWorld alternative DOES show all the locations on the map.
rodger1331
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the prompt reply. I used the PGPS World Cameras on my PDA but my subscription has probably lapsed by now, its been a while since I last uploaded the database.
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing to stop you copying the PGPSW cameras from your PDA to your 730 - it doesn't break the licence agreement.

Even if they are old & out of date, you'll probably find that they are still more accurate than the TT-supplied versions, and you'll be able to see them on the map.

You may then decide that it's worth renewing your subscription for an up-to-date copy.
rodger1331
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that info, as long as your sure it does not contravene the license agreement then I will try that.
If I transfer the data to the 730 do I need to remove the TomTom Safety Camera .ov2 file etc first so as not to confuse the 730 ??? and could I write the PGPS files info to a folder with the same map name on the SD card or does it have to go into the internal map folder on the 730
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will be fine using the POI files from your PDA, the ov2 and bmp files that make up the speed camera warnings must be placed into to the map folder on the internal memory of the 730, the folder will be named something like "Western_Europe" or "Western_and_Central_Europe"

As for disabling the built in warnings have a read through FAQ #13 on This Page - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: