Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - updating my TT Go 730
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

updating my TT Go 730

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chajun
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: updating my TT Go 730 Reply with quote

Hello I did the latest update from the TT server ie application GPS fix etc. Noticed that my mob wouldn't connect with the device. Restored it back and all was well. Tried the update again and all was well. But went out yesterday it went into b/w mode and froze. Came home restored the version that worked and all seems well. Anybody found this?
Rgds
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The recent update does seem to have messed up quite a few phones that were known to previously work with the TomTom hardware, if its working as you want with the previous Navcore installed leave it alone and use the device - Mike
qkjb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike
I was given a TT730 for a birthday present on 18th June. I have an LG KF750 Secret phone which worked flawlessly with my old TT One. You very kindly sorted out my phone book problem a couple of days ago. I tried the RDS-TMC aerial and was able to drive from Chelmsford to beyond Ipswich without getting a connection despite playing with the placement of the aerial "a lot"! I am off to try the ferrite ring trick mentioned on an other post.
To overcome the lack of traffic info I paid out for another TT Traffic subscription. My phone connects instantly by bluetooth but I am getting frequently the "can't make a data connection - check your phone." I suspect that when I updated the TT730 on the 18th June I fell foul of the latest TT "improvement" ie disabling my phone. I should add that I can get data from time to time but not always or often. Rebooting both phone and TT sometimes helps. If I contact TT they will tell me the phone isn't on their approved list so what can I expect but from other posts they just seem to remove phones from their list that no longer work with their software anyway.
The new TT maps were three quarters old so I guess the operating system was too. Is there any way I can download the OS just before 8.351 whilst keeping my new map, speed cameras etc to see if this improves the data connection? At the moment I am stuck between 9 months old and three days ago and a traffic system that doesn't work. Any comments would be much appreciated
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qkjb wrote:
Is there any way I can download the OS just before 8.351 whilst keeping my new map, speed cameras etc to see if this improves the data connection?
Check your PM as I have sent you a number of links to download previous versions of Navcore for your device, all direct from the servers at TT - Mike
lexuscol
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike could I have those details too please as I have lost my phone too an Sony Eriksson K850i
Thanks Col
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What device are you running Col ? - Mike
lexuscol
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike TomTom 730 with version 3.851
Thanks
Col
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The instructions about how to install this can be found in This Thread

For Go x30 devices click

You might find that with 8,320 on the device that TomTom Home cannot see the device as this software release was for units running with TomTom Work hardware, a few of us were using it to try and reduce the stuttering voice issue from a while back - Mike
lexuscol
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike I'll give it a go and let you know how I get on.
Col
lexuscol
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike should have read 8.351 but you knew from the typo.
Back now to version 8.010 will try it tomorrow,Ta
Col
qkjb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I pm'd Mike I just like to add publicly that with Mike's help I went back to 8.302 with out any difficulty and although my LG phone still refuses to "data connect" with the TT 730 (although it does with my TT One) my old Sony Eriksson K750i now does. Hopefully the flicker has as well although I haven't done a journey with it since 8.302

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: