Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Slight lag on Garmin 760
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Slight lag on Garmin 760
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically I've seen pictures of 6xx series Nuvis next to 7xx series Nuvis, in the open and on AC power, showing the satellite screen. The 6xx series Nuvis all showed an accuracy in the 1x to low 2x meters range. The 7xx series showed accuracy in the 2x to 4 x meters range. Hence i believe the lag might be worse in the 7xx series.

Can't find the pics any more but will keep looking....
gbenquiries
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 760T which has the same irritating lag. Particularly annoying when driving at night in locations where you are relying totally on the Garmin. Missed a couple of turns the other night because of this.

Interestingly, the extent of the lag does appear to be slightly different sometimes - maybe it depends (to a degree) on the number of satellites fixed.

Haven't gone for the 4.20 software update yet but don't imagine it will improve things much if at all.... . Shame considering the cost of the Garmin.
gbenquiries
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else still having issues with lag on their 760T ?
Waynesters
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yet another reason i bought a tomtom 940 go live and took my 765T Garmin back, awful lagging and re-draw rate, not good enough
TomTom 940
www.bongiovi.co.uk
www.facebook.com/bongiovitributeband
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Haven't gone for the 4.20 software update yet but don't imagine it will improve things much if at all.... . Shame considering the cost of the Garmin.

If you have the 4.00 or 4.10 firmware then this is the cause of the problem. The 4.20 firmware fixes the problem where the turns aren't announced until you are right on them....
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No lag on my 760 works a treat no problems at all.
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect it's not a lag in the traditional sense (where the marker is shown behind your actual position), but with the 4.00 and 4.10 firmwares for Nuvi 7xx series there was a problem where a turn wouldn't be announced until you were right on the junction. Also caused me some problems as i updated to 4.00 the day before going away and couldn't work out why i'd lost my ability to "follow a sat nav".

The latest 4.20 firmware fixes the problem.
dahauss
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:57 am    Post subject: Same here Reply with quote

I just got a 760 and I updated to the 4.80 firmware.. HOWEVER, the screen lag is there.. I can be at a criss street and can watch the screen catch up so where I am is where screen shows I am. it takes a few seconds.... anoying when you are relying on the screen at night...

any way to resolve??
MikeAlpha
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 760T Reply with quote

I have had a Nuvi 760T for about a year now and I have only very occasionally had a problem with it, and that had tended to be the odd strange direction that was obviously wrong, but nothing serious. (One occasion that sticks in my mind was being taken to the "wrong" location, when it turned out that a post-code had been wrongly allocated by whoever issues post-codes (hardly Garmin's fault). I have noticed a few mapping errors, generally fairly obviously new roundabouts, for instance, but little of any significance.

I have used it fairly extensively in UK, France, Belgium and Italy and it has got me directly to places that in the "pre sat nav days" I would not have had a hope in hell of finding before my wife and I had divorced! This has been especially the case more than once when, say, in a strange city the road I wanted to take has been temporarily closed for road works or an accident and I have had no idea how to divert to where I needed to go.

I have not been brave enough to start "fiddling" with POIs or anything yet - all I have done is updates from Garmin's own website. I have NOT noticed any "lag" between position shown on the screen and directions given (although when driving I don't watch the screen).

The only thing I would like to be able to do that I can't, is that I would like to be able to simply specify a town or city, (when touring), rather than an actual address. Then when we get there find the city centre, park and explore on foot.

I also took notice of warnings I had read about the potential for theft, and bought the "bean-bag" dashboard friction mount that you can place just about anywhere (for driver or passenger/navigator to use), does NOT move about or vibrate, hide in the glove-box out of sight, and does NOT leave any mark or clue that there might have been a sat-nav in the car at all - an excellent product in my view!

The only thing I have modified is that I have carefully removed the ridiculous silver glare producing finish (what a stupid thing to put in a driver's line of sight!).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: