Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navcore 8.351
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navcore 8.351
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They then asked me to connect to Home and copy/paste system info into my reply.

I pre-empt them by supplying this with the initial query...

Quote:
Today I received two replies to this, the first one said they are so sorry I'm having difficulty with this challenge and they have referred it to 2nd line support.

Same here with this issue too. One email suggesting resets etc and another to say it's being bumped to 2nd line suport...

Quote:
Home says I'm using 8.350, BUT I'M NOT, I'm using 8.302 (sat strength meter on device shows 8.302).

Confused I can't see where Home says which NavCore you are running.... I have "The Dumb" today...
orion_jb2001
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm I do not have that empheremis folder. Will it create automatically or can some supply the base files that reside in that folder. So far, the backups I have, that folder, empheremis, is not there and as mentioned earlier, I got rid of a lot of earlier backups, including that folder I bet..
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah.....

The folder is called

ephem

in the root of the device....

I'll see if i can get some advice if it's ok to swap the contents of the file between units....

Last edited by PaulB2005 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Quote:
They then asked me to connect to Home and copy/paste system info into my reply.

I pre-empt them by supplying this with the initial query...

Hmm - Home... Help... System info... Copy to clipboard gives FOUR pages!

PaulB2005 wrote:
Quote:
Home says I'm using 8.350, BUT I'M NOT, I'm using 8.302 (sat strength meter on device shows 8.302).

Confused I can't see where Home says which NavCore you are running.... I have "The Dumb" today...
Homer, Main Menu, Page 2 or 3... Show contents of my GO. However, it's unreliable - as I said, I'm running App 8.302 and it said I have App 8.350!!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Homer, Main Menu, Page 2 or 3... Show contents of my GO.

Thumbs Up
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So far, the backups I have, that folder, empheremis, is not there and as mentioned earlier, I got rid of a lot of earlier backups, including that folder I bet..

Ok find the TT Home Folder on your PC. It's where Home downloads all the updates too. Open TT Home, Tools Menu, TT Home Preferences, Folder Preferences will tell you where the Download folder is....

Find the complete\ephemeris\QuickGPSfix folder and select any QuickGPSFix folder

Open the Ephemeris.cab file and extract the 2 files from there. Try those in your "ephem" folder. Once copied to the folder i found you have to disconnect and reconnect the device for the QuickGPSFix download to be offered....

Last edited by PaulB2005 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or if you have a Live Services enabled device you can try and force a download from

TomTom Services, Page 2 of 2, Download QuickGPSFix...
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, the folder in the root of the unit is called ephem, not emph as you've been referring to it in your posts.
orion_jb2001
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Quote:
So far, the backups I have, that folder, empheremis, is not there and as mentioned earlier, I got rid of a lot of earlier backups, including that folder I bet..

Ok find the TT Home Folder on your PC. It's where Home downloads all the updates too. Open TT Home, Tools Menu, TT Home Preferences, Folder Preferences will tell you where the Download folder is....

Find the complete\ephemeris\QuickGPSfix folder and select any QuickGPSFix folder

Open the Ephemeris.cab file and extract the 2 files from there. Try those in your emph folder. Once copied to the folder i found you have to disconnect and reconnect the device for the QuickGPSFix download to be offered....
what is in that ephmeris folder? Is their another folder named QuickGPSfix and is that where those files go?
bullyterrier
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the screen refresh/flicker withe the 8.351, I had a stupid reply which I replied to asking what the hell the were on. I got a reply and after 4 hours of piddlin around trying to follow tomtom's instructions and of no help I have been told they don't have a solution for my challenge and it has been referred to second line support.
Cav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Regarding the screen refresh/flicker withe the 8.351, I had a stupid reply which I replied to asking what the hell the were on. I got a reply and after 4 hours of piddlin around trying to follow tomtom's instructions and of no help I have been told they don't have a solution for my challenge and it has been referred to second line support

I still have the same problem with the 8.351 its the direction arrow and menu button that flickers not the map details now so im back on the 8.302 all is fine.

Last edited by Cav on Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Paul, the folder in the root of the unit is called ephem, not emph as you've been referring to it in your posts.

Opps. Sorry. I'll go back and correct.

Quote:
what is in that ephmeris folder? Is their another folder named QuickGPSfix and is that where those files go?

The Ephmeris folder will be on your PC. It's where the QuickGPSFix files are downloaded to before unpacking and transfer to your TT. You need to find the Ephemeris.cab on your PC and copy the 2 files in it to the ephem folder on your TT.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot believe TT customer support are relying upon information about the device taken from TomTom Home, it is well known that this buggy rubbish software cannot report basic information accuratly, Navcore version numbers being one such example that is often wrong. Use this software at your peril, I certainly wouldn't trust it to do anything at all - Mike
jonial
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked my card and there was not an "ephem" folder present.

I made a new folder "ephem" and added the two files into it and lo and behold I now receive the GPS Quickfix updates onto my SD card !!!

Well done lads

Garmin Nuvi 2547LM
CamerAlert
PGPS Speed Cameras
orion_jb2001
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Quote:
The Ephmeris folder will be on your PC. It's where the QuickGPSFix files are downloaded to before unpacking and transfer to your TT. You need to find the Ephemeris.cab on your PC and copy the 2 files in it to the ephem folder on your TT.

Right, now is that folder named ephem or ephemeris in the tt ? I have found a back up and the folder is named ephemeris. I have found that download folder, named ephemeris, containing QuickGPSfix foler. It has a ephmeris cab file containing ee_meta.txt and packedephemeris.ee; and two other files, ephmeris.png and ephmeris.toc. What happens with those 2 other files?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 9 of 15

Jump to: