Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Live Services after 8.350 upgrade
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Live Services after 8.350 upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
limans75
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Live Services after 8.350 upgrade Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I have just updated my Go Live 940 to App Ver 8.350 only to find my live services no longer work. I recived a message on the tom tom saying they needed to be renewed, however every time I go to live services or go to review my username and password it states "An Error occurred on the TomTom Server. Please try again". I can accept servers go down from time to time, but i dont think they have in this case. I presume its as a result of my upgrade to App Ver 8.350. Has anyone else experianced this?

The fool that I am, I thought blow it, just pay another 7.99 and renew the subscription, it wont let me do that as I think it knows I have another subscription running.

Any thoughts would be welcome
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give TomTom a ring in the morning to resolve this, the UK support number is 0845 161 0009 - Mike
quozl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the following issue using the GPRS services since the upgrade to 8.350 and I am looking for any help.

Firstly my specs are as follow
Go 930
App: 8.350(9980/090427)
Map: Australia v815.2086 (latest version)
Phone: Nokia 2600 Classic
Provider: Vodafone Australia

The issue I am having is

1) Since the "upgrade" to 8.350 I can no longer make a connection to any GPRS services using my phone. I can't check weather or use any other services that require a packet data connection. I thought I may just need to delete and then re add the phone and packet data connection but that made no difference.

I can make phone calls fine and the 930 packet data connection is connecting to my phone but the second I try and access any of the services like weather for example the Nokia 2600 shows a message packet Data Disconnected and the 930 just freezes and after around 60 seconds it reboots itself. I am using a Nokia 2600 classic with the 930 and it worked perfectly before upgrading to 8.350 so I am upset this has happened, can anyone else access any of the services since the upgrade?

I only found out because I was driving up the coast and wanted to check the weather at our destination. Unfortunately this was well after I had upgraded the unit so not finding these bugs initially in the first few days I over wrote my old backup.

If anyone has a fix for this issue it would be very much appreciated, thank you for any help you can provide.

Cheers Quozl

Last edited by quozl on Wed May 13, 2009 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quoazl, you say you have the 930 which does not use the TomTom Live Services as such, they are unuque to the x40 range. Your issue is different and you are using what in the UK we call GPRS services, so you may not get your answer in this thread.

The 930 application is the same for the 530 which I use with the UK vodaphone services and this stills works with the TT Services after the 8.35 upgrade.
quozl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:
Quoazl, you say you have the 930 which does not use the TomTom Live Services as such, they are unuque to the x40 range. Your issue is different and you are using what in the UK we call GPRS services, so you may not get your answer in this thread.

The 930 application is the same for the 530 which I use with the UK vodaphone services and this stills works with the TT Services after the 8.35 upgrade.

Sorry I will rename it to GPRS services then, my mistake.

Cheers QuozL
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this a one off a yesterday? I was trying to sort out an account issue and I could not connect to the TT Servers on either of my devices or PC around 1:30 GMT yesterday for around 30 minutes.

Something did happen with Bluetooth on the upgrade as the first bit of text I used to see was something like "Welcome to TT Go 530" but is now "Bluetooth is enabled".
quozl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:
Was this a one off a yesterday? I was trying to sort out an account issue and I could not connect to the TT Servers on either of my devices or PC around 1:30 GMT yesterday for around 30 minutes.

Something did happen with Bluetooth on the upgrade as the first bit of text I used to see was something like "Welcome to TT Go 530" but is now "Bluetooth is enabled".

It has been since I updated to 8.350 and I just tested it again now, it is definitely making a GPRS connection with the phone as when I shut down the TomTom 930 the phone posts the following messages on screen "Disconnected from TomTom Go930 followed by Packet Data Connection ended.

The issue is when I try and access weather or any GPRS services via the 930 that the unit just freezes and I get the message on the phone Packet Data Connection Disconnected. I have no idea why it is doing it, I have deleted and re added the phone from the 930 as well as removing and re-adding the 930 on the phone and re enabling packet data connection but no luck. As I said it has worked perfectly up until I upgraded to 8.350 so I'm stumped as to what it could be, is there some way I can downgrade the firmware to see if it fixes the issue?

EDIT: I've fired off an email to TomTom support, maybe they have a solution, or are aware of the issue.

Cheers Quozl
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a thread of about 26 pages on 8.35 near this one that has details on the downgrade.

Two things to check, firstly that the phone can still access internet services on its own. It probably can which points towards the TomTom.

If TomTom had its set up incorrect for the phone/network and tried to access the incorrect APN via the phone, or used an invalid user/password, this could cause the issue you are experiencing.

Look on the phone and see if TT has created a second data account, it is often (CID-5) called something with two digits rather than "Vodaphone" and see if those details match the correct Vodaphone AUS settings.

I personally end up entering the data manually into the TomTom as it usually gets it wrong. To force a manual setting I have to usually go into a no mobile signal area so that the TT does not find the network and does not know which one to select, then it asks me for the details.
quozl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reverting to 8.302 has fixed the issue so it is obviously a TomTom issue.

I will wait until they sort out the problems with the new firmware until I download it again. Thank you for your help.

Cheers Quozl
limans75
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to update you, still cant get live services back up and running. Been on the phone to TT 3 times today, tried everything tomtom have asked me to do. I have tried a "reset to factory settings" countless times. I have deleted the 8.350 app from the tomtom 940, and the computer, downloaded it again, re-installed but still unable to connect to live services.

I have had a good look through the forum and the 8.350 postings and i think I am the only one with this problem, so its more likely to be something to do with my 940 rather than the new 8.350 app. Although I did note a few people have GPRS connection problems after installing the app.

Tomtom have now sent this through to 2nd line support for there help. Frustrating!
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told on the phone when I had an account issue earlier in the week that some of the Live Services will not work the first time (ie after a factory reset) unless a GPS fix has first been obtained. I do not know how true this is, but the lady I spoke to at TomTom seemed very competent and the first who was able to sort out a problem with my account on the servers.

I still have the issue where my credit card has expired but I cannot buy the services again. Supposedly they will be cancelled if a payment cannot be taken by the end of the week and I will then be able to renew. That raises the question why should they be cancelled by the end of the week when they are paid for until 7th June.
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because they can? Stop it!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: