Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom Upgrade
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom Upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
puzlid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom Upgrade Reply with quote

Hi Guys
Don't know if any of you have experienced the same as me.
Upgraded to version 8350(9980/090427) last week used pnd this week and i have noticed the symbol disappears for a spilt second at regular intervals also the rdc traffic receiver has stopped working, Does any one know if its possible to roll back to the last os as this worked perfectly.

Tom Tom 730T
Western& Central Europe 2GB v825 2157
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you are wanting to take the 730T back to Navcore 8,302

You can download this version by clicking

Go-x20_Navcore 8,302

Go-x30_Navcore 8,302

To install this to your device I use WinRar which you can download from Here Switch the TomTom on and connect it to your PC, if TomTom Home starts up exit the application as Home isn't needed for this.

Double click the downloaded file

Depending upon which one you downloaded and winrar will fire up, use the mouse to select all files and folders then click "Extract To"

Please note the screen images I have used for this post are from an earlier version of TomTom Navcore, but the process is the same if installing any Navcore to the device.

Locate the drive letter associated with your TomTom and click it, make sure the Overwrite mode is selected to "Ask before overwrite", then press "OK"

When the dialogue box pops up saying "Confirm File Replace" click the "Yes To All" button.

Sit back and watch the progress bar, with a good USB2 connection a Navcore 8,302 installation will take around 2 minutes.

When its finished the update use the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon from the Task Tray and remove the lead from the device.

Let the device boot up and tap the sat strength meter (lower left) followed by the version box, the resultant screen will confirm the version installed is Navcore 8,302 - Mike

Edit once to add x20 Navcore 8,302 link - Mike Alder

Last edited by mikealder on Fri May 15, 2009 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, why are you showing loose files AND folders getting highlighted in your screenshot?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
Mike, why are you showing loose files AND folders getting highlighted in your screenshot?

Because I am using WinRar to install a Navcore version, this is the standard way I update devices unless using omTom Home - Mike
puzlid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom Upgrade Reply with quote

Thanks Mike
Will give this a go hopefully this will cure this issue, not sure why i should have these problems as i have upgraded a couple of times before, wonder if this os has a bug in it, posted to see if anyone else was experiencing the same problem, it appears as if the pnd is constantly adjusting looking for a gps signal. As it does it every other time i turn and on a dual carrageway.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a 21 page thread about the new 8,350 Navcore which you might have missed Shocked - See Here for the start - Mike
puzlid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Tom Tom Upgrade Reply with quote

Have reverted back to v8302 and all the issues i had have now gone away, the flashing on the screen and the judder voice and low volumes have returned to normal. Would like to say thanks for the link Mike to enable me to roll back the OS. Will this affect my PNA when i connect to Tom Tom home as when i reconnected after the roll back i had a message of no updates available although Home thinks i have the later version. I don't want to have to go through this process every time i connect to Home.
Thanks again Mike for the advice
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will be fine until you decide to update to the maps that will be released next, past history has shown new maps will only run on the latest application, so if/ when they release a new map you will probably need Navcore 8,350 or newer on the device - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: