Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New ONE IQ routes - Europe edition - Delay?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New ONE IQ routes - Europe edition - Delay?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meestermartinho wrote:
Montala. What map version are you showing?

I have v825.2157, Western & Central Europe 2GB.
Montala
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Darren.

I have just read in another review that the new models have a faster processor and more memory to cope with the new features... are you able to confirm this please?

Gee-Pee wrote:
Sensible! You only have a week to wait. Wink That is assuming a new map could be out at the end of May. What version map have you got at the moment? Because, the moment you do connect to HOME, you could be offered the latest build if the current one is not installed.

If I were to connect to HOME woudn't that (1) start the clock ticking, as it were, and (2) if my device doesn't have the latest maps (although reading Darren's post above, it looks as if it will have) and I upgraded to the current one, could I then still have another one within the 30 day period, as I thought we were only allowed just the one 'free' upgrade?
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
Sensible! You only have a week to wait. Wink That is assuming a new map could be out at the end of May. What version map have you got at the moment? Because, the moment you do connect to HOME, you could be offered the latest build if the current one is not installed
Quote:
If I were to connect to HOME woudn't that (1) start the clock ticking, as it were, and (2) if my device doesn't have the latest maps (although reading Darren's post above, it looks as if it will have) and I upgraded to the current one, could I then still have another one within the 30 day period, as I thought we were only allowed just the one 'free' upgrade?

(1) Yes that's right.
(2) It is my understanding that you get one only upgrade within the 30 days, so IF you did not have v825.2157, and updated your device now, then you would not get another within (hopefully) the next 30 days. Depends if you want the very latest ie later than that v825 which came out in February or immediate use of your new toy and forego any map improvements which may be in the end of May maps.
laughingravy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: One IQ Reply with quote

tafrost wrote:
laughingravy wrote:
Just to say that i received my One IQ today, i used a company called cdiscount.co.uk who will give you £15 off for your first order and then if you go through a cashback site you will get 6% off also..... Cool ordered mine Wednesday at 5:00pm and it arrived Fri afternoon.........

Laughinggravy, does yours have the 'Itinery planning' feature as TT told me it does not, but it does show its there in the manual from TTs website and others have told me also its on the new IQ Ones and Xls?

HI, yea there is itinerary planning (bottom middle icon) and another icon that says prepare route, haven't looked into it yet............

Also wanted to say that it has 2gb internal memory even tho' it is the bog standard One with Uk maps only, so plenty of space for future maps....
Did 150 miles this morning and really was a pleasure to have with me, the advanced lane guidance is money well spent .......
Montala
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
(1) Yes that's right.
(2) It is my understanding that you get one only upgrade within the 30 days, so IF you did not have v825.2157, and updated your device now, then you would not get another within (hopefully) the next 30 days. Depends if you want the very latest ie later than that v825 which came out in February or immediate use of your new toy and forego any map improvements which may be in the end of May maps.

In that case then, as tempting as it, I am going to sit on my hands and wait another week before I even turn it on, let alone connect it to HOME... just to be sure!

Thanks for all your feedback anyway (and to others also)... much appreciated
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montala wrote:
I have just read in another review that the new models have a faster processor and more memory to cope with the new features... are you able to confirm this please?

Compared with it's cousin the v4 XL that shares the same design, the IQRoutes model has double the memory at 2Gb. My earlier XL has the cut down 1GB Western Europe Map (1GB) and this has the Western and Central Europe Map which consumes 2GB

Performing a test A-B route from my home in Hants to edinburgh City Center:

Non IQ Routes XL - 57 secs
IQ Routes Model - 90 secs

So in the absence of info from TT it's hard to say if it has a faster processor and that IQ Routes adds considerably to calculation times (which would be even longer without a faster processor) or it has the same processor and the difference is just due to IQ Routes. HTH
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the same route planning with IQ Routes turned off, also try the same route at different days of week/ time of day etc, the IQ Routes could increase planning time when running through areas of known heavy traffic - Mike
gareth71
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is it likely that there'll be a new map release at the end of May? Is it a regular quarterly thing?
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhat. There is no hard schedule for map updates, so roughly every three months. Trying to recall, but I think that past "quarterlies" have been released anywhere from 80-something days to around 120 days from the previous release.
gareth71
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, right. I only ask because I've just ordered one of the refurb 720s from TotalPDA, so if there's a new map due at the end of May, I'll hold off for a few days before plugging it into TT Home for the first time in the hope that I'll get the new map within the 30 days.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the date you first plug into TT Home but the date you first use the device (i.e. your GPS Fix)

From TT Website...

Quote:
Latest map guarantee means that if a newer map is released during 30 days from when you first start using your device, you’re entitled to one free map download.
dorsetwurzel
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: One IQ Reply with quote

laughingravy wrote:
tafrost wrote:
laughingravy wrote:
Just to say that i received my One IQ today, i used a company called cdiscount.co.uk who will give you £15 off for your first order and then if you go through a cashback site you will get 6% off also..... Cool ordered mine Wednesday at 5:00pm and it arrived Fri afternoon.........

Laughinggravy, does yours have the 'Itinery planning' feature as TT told me it does not, but it does show its there in the manual from TTs website and others have told me also its on the new IQ Ones and Xls?

HI, yea there is itinerary planning (bottom middle icon) and another icon that says prepare route, haven't looked into it yet............

Also wanted to say that it has 2gb internal memory even tho' it is the bog standard One with Uk maps only, so plenty of space for future maps....
Did 150 miles this morning and really was a pleasure to have with me, the advanced lane guidance is money well spent .......

Great! thanks Smile just wanted to be sure as i have been thoroughly confused, and its one of the features that I would definatly want, along with IQ routes, so just checking that it is on both TTOne and XL IQ.
gareth71
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
It's not the date you first plug into TT Home but the date you first use the device (i.e. your GPS Fix)

So presumably the unit somehow stores the time being 'broadcast' by the GPS satellite at the point when it accquires its first GPS fix after being switched on?
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: One IQ Reply with quote

Quote:
Great! thanks Smile just wanted to be sure as i have been thoroughly confused, and its one of the features that I would definatly want, along with IQ routes, so just checking that it is on both TTOne and XL IQ.

Then you will be interested in this add-on here for HOME.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: