Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Free 2 year map update voucher activation
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Free 2 year map update voucher activation
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GerryJ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried again to activate my code and this time it worked. I then tried to 'activate items on your computer or device' in Home but there are no items found. Rang TomTom support who checked my account and she told me that my 'free 2 year map updates' are in place. She also said that they have received several calls today about this. So it looks like it has now activated successfully. I have also noticed in Home that the box in the top right now says 'Your map is up to date'. Can somebody confirm if this is the message you get when you have the map update service.
Hicksville
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had exactly the same problem with Home 2.5 but as soon as I upgraded to Home 2.6, the code was accepted (I think). I too am now 'green' in the top right hand corner but TomTom have not confirmed (through a formal question) whether the code has really been accepted. Can anybody confirm or deny?
joniboi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: 2 YEAR FREE MAP UPDATE Reply with quote

BOUGHT TT 530 GO LAST SAT ON STRENGTH OF 2 YEAR FREE MAP UPDATE GUESS WHAT NO CODE OR VOUCHER IN BO X RANG TT THEY SAID CONTACT RETAILER SO THIS IS ONGOING WITH JOHN LEWIS
WHO SAY THEY ARE GETTING CODES TO GIVE TO OTHER CUSTOMERS TOO!! JUST TO SAY THANKS AGAIN TT FOR GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE NOT
nleaney
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a 530 last week from Halfords. The free 2 year upgrade was part of my decision to get one now and from Halfords who were advertising it on the web.

Needless to say there was no voucher in the box. Spoke to TomTom support who said that the vouchers should be available from the retailer. Rang Halfords back and after a couple of hours they rang back to say that the vouchers were in a safe (and should have been stuck to the outside of the boxes).

In the T&C of the voucher it states that the promotional code must be entered into TT Home within 90 days of the device being first activated.

I'd already done the latest map gurantee update before enterig in the code which has been accepted. I guess the proof will be in 3 months time when the first update becomes available to install?
lowie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have since got my voucher code from Currys. Had to go to another branch to get it and show my receipt. Activated in Home with no problem.

I don't think this is TT's fault but the retailers in question just don't seem to have a clue about it.
Hicksville
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lowie,

When you activated in Home, exactly what do you now see? Is the icon top right now green (instead of red). How are you certain that the activation is good?
lowie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hicksville. The green icon in the top right relates to mapshare updates and has nothing to do with new maps. When you put the code into the promotion code box you get a message to say it is successfully activated. I also had map updates on my old 920 and you only get notified of a new map on it when it is added by Tomtom.

Initially when you connect a new unit you will get a red icon saying your map is out of date and you can purchase a new map but you should first click on tools. latest map guarantee and it will advise that your map is ready to install. Once you have done this and done a full update you will then see the mapshare icon as explained above. It's at this point you should activate the promotion code for the 2 year map updates.

If you see a red icon in the upper right it normally means the mapshares on your unit are out of date.

Hope that helps Very Happy
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not entirely true...
The "Mapshare Corrections Counter" and the "Map status indicator" ("Your map is out of date") share the same piece of the screen, so you can have a green or red indicator on both!

The trick is how to get to see the mapshare indicator when it is hidden under the "Map status" indicator.

If I remember correctly, if your map was out of date, it involved logging out in order to see the Mapshare corrections.
GerryJ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After nearly 2 weeks I managed to activate my code for the "free 2 year map updates" and when I did the the red icon turned to green and then told me that my maps were up to date. I have 2 accounts for my GO 530 and when I log onto my other account the icon is red and is telling me that "my maps are out of date". The account with the green icon is the account that I activated my code in. So it looks like when you activate your code then the icon turns green and informs you that your maps are up to date. TomTom support has confirmed that this account has the map updates activated.
Hicksville
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TY for the replies.......... I have the confirmation that I was seeking.
keithmillar
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just watch ideal world on Sky, and they are selling TT's 540 GO Live and are included free in the deal, 2yrs free map updates, which is a saving of some 63gbp

Garmin 3598LTM-D
Android CoPilot
Navigon 72 Plus Live
TTGO540
kiwi69
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased from Halfords online because of the 2 year map offer and the extra discount for getting it online with discount codes, £199.99. The voucher was in the box.
I think Amazon.co.uk where doing it for £193, but when I looked it didn't include the 2 year deal, but they have since included it! Evil or Very Mad

Not impressed with TomTom home or My TomTom though, as nowhere can you see after using the code for the 2 year upgrade does it confirm its on your account. No emails confirming registration or acceptance of the code. Rang TomTom and they said you would only see items you have purchased and not promotional offers! They couldn't answer why I hadn't recieved confirmation of account registration by email but said if I hadn't got one by now I will not recieve it! Bit behind the times for such a prominant company in my opinion! Anyway they confirmed it had gone on my account ok. Just be nice to have some confirmation of my account and its status from TT. Oh, it also had a fly drive promotion to win holiday in the box..... Don't register by TT home or it wont accept your email address... register by the fly drive voucher. Funnily enough I got a confirmation of registration for the fly drive by using another email address but still nothing for my 530 account! SORT IT OUT TT!
jm202067
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone bought a 730 from Costco and received a map update voucher as the £201 they are selling this model for is pretty reasonable?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: