Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - "Help Me" function partially disabled after upgrad
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

"Help Me" function partially disabled after upgrad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TS5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: "Help Me" function partially disabled after upgrad Reply with quote

After upgrade from 7.221 to 8.302 "Help Me" function on my GO720 got some icons disabled. I'm still using 7.20 maps.

Under "Drive to help" function the following icons are disabled:

* Nearest doctor
* Nearest pharmacy
* Nearest dentist

Under "Drive to help" the disabled icons are:

* Nearest pharmacy
* Nearest doctor

With 7.221 everything works well.

It has happened after every NavCore 8.xxx release, and after some testing I've always reverted back to 7.221. I've spoken to TomTom support, but never managed to get some explanation from them. It seems, that some SQL like functionality might be broken in NC, when NC8.xxx is used with older 7.xxx maps. The data is there, but certain "Help me" features cannot simply access it.

Right now I'm not going to buy new ver. 8 maps to test it out, because new TeleAtlas maps of my country are not yet incorporated into TomTom ones, I don't live in UK. My country's coverage in 7.20 is the same as in newest map releases at the moment.

Is anyone willing to look at their 720, with NC 8.302 and latest maps on? Are all "Help Me" icons active and working?

Thank you,

TS
lyngarth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I have a 920T with 8.302 and maps v825.2157. Have just looked at my "Help me " and found all working apart from walk to and drive to nearest Fire Station.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The features you are trying to use are dependent upon specific files being placed in your map folder, you can add these if they are missing by following This Link - Mike
TS5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
The features you are trying to use are dependent upon specific files being placed in your map folder, you can add these if they are missing by following This Link - Mike

Thanks, Mike.

Tried that suggestion and problem unfortunately remains. With NC 7.221 all Help Me destinations are active (and working), but with NC 8.302 some are not. I downloaded specially the dentist POI-s (community generated), but Drive To Nearest Dentist is still disabled. Ran ClearFlash tool just in case too...

I created even a new POI for that category. Still grayed out.

TS

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: