Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Unable to use update of UK & irland -26 on GO920T
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Unable to use update of UK & irland -26 on GO920T

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ratspom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Unable to use update of UK & irland -26 on GO920T Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm a bit stuck on this one but basically I downloaded the UK & Republic of Ireland map for my GO 920T via the TomTom Home application and installed onto the GO 920T which worked correctly since Christmas. I then paid for the 4 yearly updates at £27 ish for the map updates. Today I downloaded the 1st of said updates and upon reboot of the GO 920T it said that it was unable to run the UK & Ireland-26 map on this device ???

Whats happening here? If it let me download the map which ran correctly after being installled why will it now not let me use the updated UK & rep of Ireland map now

Many Thanks

Alan (Mac)
Map UK & Rep Of Ireland v825.2157
zzr1200
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are not on your own here.

I have Western and Central Europe maps, like you on the quarterly update service. Yesterday I updated, as per the offering from Home, and I get the same error message (26).

I have left it as is, reported it to Tomtom, but loaded my very first master backup onto an SD card. My 720 is now running that until TT sort out the 8.25 map issue.
i235rider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: SNAP! Reply with quote

Yesterday I updated the W+C map and paid for the 4 yearly updates and now my TT 920 says I can not use the maps on that device.
mcwarre
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get exactly the same error on my 540 with the new maps
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems TomTom can't manage to organise a "party in a beer factory" at the moment....
i235rider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been in contact with TT support this morning.

The problem with my maps not working is according to their records the serial number for my 920 is from a very old 700 I had, their system had change the model but not the serial number and now their system wont change serial number. So the maps I have a for my old 700
I had to send them a system information download and a picture of the contents of my TT.

Now waiting for TT support to sort it out.
bucketp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: it works!!!!! Reply with quote

I had this same issue for last few days, this morning I thought I would try again, installed latest software,checked all was still working, made a backup. installed the latest maps and they worked, very strange!!!. Anyway off for two hundred miles drive tonight so hope it works! Smile
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom do not seem to be able to cope with more than one device ever being used on an account. So if you have more than one device on an account, however historic, Home will download a map but may well licence it for the older device meaning it will not work on the current device.

If you open the MAPNAME*.toc file in the Home downloaded maps folder with an editor, it will show in this file the device number it is meant to be used on.

If you have already subscribed to a service wanting it for the latest device you will have to contact TT support to get it resolved.

If you have just bought a new device you either need to change the old account to a different email address and then create a new account with the email address you want to reuse or just create a new account using a new email address.
i235rider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:
If you have already subscribed to a service wanting it for the latest device you will have to contact TT support to get it resolved.

If you have just bought a new device you either need to change the old account to a different email address and then create a new account with the email address you want to reuse or just create a new account using a new email address.

I'm on my 3rd TT unit since the 700 and I have had this 920 14 months, It should have a different serial number than the 700 by now.

Anyway TT support have sent me a file to put in the map folder and everything is working now.

Thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: