Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - nuvi 760 camera&voices
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

nuvi 760 camera&voices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilfyboyjunior
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: nuvi 760 camera&voices Reply with quote

I'm thinking about giving myself a new nickname ie;nerd or numpty!!.I'm not that computer literate so bear with me.I downloaded the pgps database(speed zoned) and the voices (speed zoned)Liz,unzipped them,and sent them via poi loader to my nuvi 760.Suffice it to say I'm getting no alerts visual or audible.When following the download and installation instructions, it said the two files must be sent together with poi loader.Well taking it literally,I moved the voices folder directly into the camers folder,and sent them to my device. Is this where I went wrong?The custom poi section shows ALL CATEGORIES-pocket-uk-gatso-20 thru pocketgps-ukspecs-tba.
The custom poi box is ticked.
Wilf
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well taking it literally,I moved the voices folder directly into the camers folder,and sent them to my device. Is this where I went wrong?

That's correct.

Can you check under Tools, Settings, Proximity Points, Change.. that alerts are set to ON.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: nuvi 760 camera&voices Reply with quote

TheWolverhamptonWanderer wrote:
Well taking it literally,I moved the voices folder directly into the camers folder,and sent them to my device.

Did you move the voice files as a single folder and put it in the same folder along with your POI files, or did you move the voice files from your voices folder to the same file that POILoader uses?

Try it with the voice files and POI files in the same folder with no sub folders involved - Mike
Wilfyboyjunior
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul/Mike
Paul,its like i said,the custom poi box is ticked in the proximity section.
Mike
Once camera database&voices were unzipped it left me with-pgpsw-speed-cams-aUx & garmin-liz-speedzoned-ash 10.I dragged the one folder and dropped it into the other,then to my device via poi loader.Told you I was a nerd.Incidentally,I love reading thru the various forums but some of the technical stuff amazes me.
wilf
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
garmin-liz-speedzoned-ash 10

This is the wrong set of files to use. These will only work if you use Ash10s Camera Manager.

You need to use the non Ash10 voice files (either the first or second download on this page) and remove the files you've added from the Ash10 download.

Quote:
I dragged the one folder and dropped it into the other

You must drag the contents of one folder into the other. Not the entire folder. All the files must be mixed together in one folder, then upload them all with POILoader.

Once you have mixed the voice files with the camera files you'll see each camera file has a matching voice file. That's how POILoader knows which sound to assign to each file.
Wilfyboyjunior
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Paul
It looks like it's sorted,downloaded both folders to sd card and deleted old files on the 760 using poi loader.A road test will show if I've been successful.Only one thing I noticed was there isn't an mp3 file associated with pgpsw -uk -var,is that normal?
Thanks again-Wilf

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: