Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - D-Day Tomorrow For Route Planner
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

D-Day Tomorrow For Route Planner
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Borichar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on everyone....let's be patient and give SatMap a break!

Their punctual email response above more than clarifies things. I for one, would rather SatMap get it right than recklessly bow to pressure from a very small number of impatient forum users who are acting like children asking for their birthday present NOW!

It is plain that OS dictated the date 9/2/09 that SatMap could start the ball rolling. They have now got the ball rolling.

The Route Planner is coming.....not today....not tomorrow but in a few days. It wasn't ready on 9th February. SAtMap never said it would be. Get over it!
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibbo10 wrote:
"I use the contact us link at the bottom of the home page on the right."

That is how I always contact them, though I have never had a reply. It seems that I am not alone in this.

I am registered, and get the circulars about software updates, so I am guessing it is not an oversensitive spam filter.

Satmap said:

"...add that to the
fact that we have had some overzealous customers trying to access the
route share site without our permission, thus meaning our guys had to
spend 2 days of software planning adding extra security to our site."

I am sure that Mikeealder is to modest to say "I told you so", but he did.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case you miss the announcement why not point your browser at This Thread, read the instructions for access and enjoy.

Please pay attention to note about feedback and NOT posting comments about the planner in this forum during the test - Mike
Martin-R
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satmap having been promising the route planner for ages. If the OS licensing was the problem, would it have been a major issue to tell us this was the hold up? As to the "over zealous" users, well, it's not hard to find the login page in Google, which means they haven't set up their robots.txt properly, nor is securing a website a couple of days' work...

While I love the product, the company and its communications with its desperate-to-be-loyal customer base leave a lot to be desired.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take you haven't tried clicking the link in my previous post which takes you to an announcement offering access to the route planner etc - Mike
barny_100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

90% of the gripes could be solved by Satmap spending 1% of the time they spend replying to emails individually on a Corporate Blog/News Page for general consumption. It would stop the vast majority of queries they receive and allow them to get on with what they need to do. For example the email reply on the previous page is an excellent communication, but they have only sent it to 1 customer! Why not post in on the website and reach all their customers?

It honestly flummoxes me that they don't do this - plus they could update from anywhere in the world via the 'net so they could even do it while snowed in!
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barny_100 wrote:
90% of the gripes could be solved by Satmap spending 1% of the time they spend replying to emails individually on a Corporate Blog/News Page for general consumption. It would stop the vast majority of queries they receive and allow them to get on with what they need to do. For example the email reply on the previous page is an excellent communication, but they have only sent it to 1 customer! Why not post in on the website and reach all their customers?

It honestly flummoxes me that they don't do this - plus they could update from anywhere in the world via the 'net so they could even do it while snowed in!

I know,strange isn't it.I have suggested it to them but they seem very resistant to it even though it would save them oodles of time replying to e-mails and phone calls.They generally seem to be getting their act together a bit more recently though.

Ian
cosmiccowboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to take the opportunity to thank the people at Satmap and in particular Jason.

I have had a problem logging on to the new route planner, I sent Satmap a email detailing the problem I was having at about 6pm, I rec'd a reply from Jason at 9pm same night, and rec'd follow up emails next day.

First class product along with first class service.

cosmic.
chrissyboy2241
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just need to agree with the Cosmic Cowboy. I had a problem with the log in too and emailed satmap. Extremley quick response direct from Lewis Price. The product just keeps getting better and better because the company listen to us. And their customer service cant be matched.
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have said elsewhere in this forum, I have never received a reply to any of my emails to Satmap.

I have tried using info@satmap (the contact us button) as well as support@Satmap

I even tried using my other email account, in case they have an over zealous spam filter. Still no reply yet, although it has only been two days.

I am therefore confused as to why some people are getting extremely fast responses, while other people, including myself, get no reply at all.

I am not knocking Satmap, in all other respects the service is exemplary. I am just trying to resolve an apparent communication problem for the mutual benefit of Satmap and (some) of it's customers.

Does anyone have any idea why the email process is so inconsistent?

If someone from Satmap reads this, perhaps they could pm me to try to resolve this issue.
AlexWatford
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always had very quick responses to e-mails I have sent to Satmap - never more than a few hours wait and sometimes within a couple of minutes. However, I have always asked very specific questions and tried to make my e-mails very short and to the point. And my questions are probably quite straightforward to answer!

I don't know if they have more difficulty replying to e-mails that might need a bit more looking into before they reply - perhaps they get a bit 'lost' amongst the other stufff they get in.

Not that it is any reason for them not to reply. Nor is it necessarily anything to do with it. Just thinking out load (via the keyboard anyway...).
chrissyboy2241
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4ndynorfolk, phone them up with your questions then you may get an immediate answer. Try putting your questions on this forum and another user may be able to answer them if they have had the same problem.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: