Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom3 , Fugawi Ipaq 2210 and Fortuna clipon Bluetooth GPS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom3 , Fugawi Ipaq 2210 and Fortuna clipon Bluetooth GPS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bengt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:32 am    Post subject: Tomtom3 , Fugawi Ipaq 2210 and Fortuna clipon Bluetooth GPS Reply with quote

TT2 and Fugawi work perfect on Ipaq2210 with Fortuna bluetooth

Installed yesterday TT3 and new GPSdriver to be used with 2210 and blutoothGPS
Now Fugawi doesnt work- BULLSHIT!!
Any Advice??

Installed old GPSdriver TT 2.06 again and TT2 to get the system to work again
TT GpSVersions 2,07 and 2,08 doesnt work with Fugawi I already know

It seems that TomTom is releasing new versions too fast and TT3 is apparently not ready yet.
TomTom is only part of a navsystem and its essential that Fugawi also works together
As the difference TT2 to TT3 is not very dramatic I advice you to wait with upgrading until the version3 is debugged!
Bengt
http://hem.passagen.se/bigben39/
jlw
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Tomtom3 , Fugawi Ipaq 2210 and Fortuna clipon Bluetooth Reply with quote

Terrible! I'm getting my ipaq 2210 and Clip-On next week. I will then try to get it working.
bengt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: TomTom resonded fast very good! Reply with quote

Here comes TomToms Answer a fast response
I havent tried it yet but will

Dear Mr Agert,

Soft reset your Pocket PC device. Then go to the remove programmes icon in your Pocket PC device and remove only the TomTom GPS and no other TomTom programme. Then go to this website and then download the latest GPS driver version 3.02. Download the zipped file and then extract this and run the setup.exe file with your Pocket PC device connected and install the new driver. After the driver is installed your Pocket PC device should soft reset itself. If it does not then soft reset your Pocket PC manually. Open the navigator software after the Pocket PC has restarted and then go into the navigator menu. Go into the GPS Status (GPS tab). If you have the wired GPS then check and make sure this says com port 1 (com 2 for Toshiba E-400) and TomTom navigator GPS for the model. If you have bluetooth then use com port 8 (HP 4150-com 6-HP 1940 com 5 rom 1.0 and com 8 rom 1.1) and choose TomTom wireless GPS as the model and in both cases tick the box to the left. After you install this new driver you must delete in your IPAQ (or other Pocket PC model) Bluetooth manager (or other Pocket PC Bluetooth software) the Bluetooth shortcut for the GPS receiver if using bluetooth and then bond the GPS receiver again, (the Bluetooth receiver must be turned on for this to occur)

Title: Update 3.02 for TomTom GPS for Pocket PC
URL: Link.

If the problem continues after the new driver is installed please go into the properties icon in the navigator menu and then the POI Tab. Remove the tick mark from Show Points Of Interest. Tap OK. Then see if this temporarily cures the problem. If this works let us know so we can investigate this issue further.

If after this the problem still occurs and you have a WIRED GPS receiver uninstall the GPS driver as previously mentioned and reinstall this older driver and see if this works for you and let us know. If you do not have a wired GPS then the older driver will not be attached

Our product management team continues to investigate this issue so keep an eye on our website for more information as this becomes available

We hope to have answered your question to your satisfaction.
With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team
bengt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomToms answer from the support didnt solve the problem.
Install TT3
TT Driver 2.06 has then to be installed after removal of TomTom~GPS in Remove Programs.
Ipaq 2210 with ROM apr 04 and Fortuna blurtooth GPS works then OK with both Fugawi and TT3.
Later versions of TTdrivers from 2.08 and up blocks other map software.

If this is not corrected TomTom isnot a Routeprogram to use in your PDA with Bluetooth in the future if you want to use other map-softwares as well.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If v2.06 works then what's the problem? It's only the GPS Driver so there is no necessity to run the latest version if the one you have works. v2.07 was the last driver that did not block the BT Com Port for other apps but even v2.08 and later can be made to work by uninstalling the TomTom~GPS entry.

Personally I'm running TTN3 but still use v2.07 of the driver as do most of the PPGPS Team.
bengt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comment Darren
I agree to part of what you said.
It looks though like TomTom has a strategy to block other mapsoftware since GPSversion 2.8 but I maybe wrong and maybe TT has not yet corrected bugs in the newer versions.
You see the problem more clear if using a HP2210 and a bluetoothGPS where TomTom recommend the latest driver- it doesnt work with Fugawi.
If they are continuing not listening to customerreactions and correcting this in newer versions - TomTom may not be a good alternative for multipurpose navigation
If you know how to do -Please advise how you make the latest versions of GPSdriver to work both with TomTom and and open mapsoftware eg Fugawi in an Ipaq 2210.

TomToms support does not give an answer and seem to refuse to correct and we are many in Sweden at least who has asked and are questioning if TomTom is the right route software to combine with other mapsoftware for seacharts and topmaps in a PDA in the future.

Bengt
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'block' is caused by a driver that TomTom install. It makes their system more 'plug and play' - but has the side effect of stopping other software from using the Bluetooth GPS.

All currently released versions of TomTom GPS that include this driver (that's 2.08, 2.09, 3.00, 3.01 and 3.02) can be run without the driver by going to the Start Menu, Settings, System tab, Remove Programs, tap on TomTom ~ GPS and tap Remove. You will be asked to soft reset - press OK.

You need to do this again to remove the TomTom GPS program - so if you just remove it once, you can continue to use TomTom GPS but without the interfering Bluetooth driver.

David
bengt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks David for your answer that solves the problem-
Bengt
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback - enjoy your now fully-functional system!

By the way - your avatar doesn't seem to be working properly, though I'm no expert on avatar issues.

David
bengt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only noticed the avatar for "open GPS" doesnt show until the GPS has a fix in Fugawi. Before you could see if the GPS was open or not.
Anything else you noticed
Bengt
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually meaning your avatar on the forums - though it sounds like you might have found a Fugawi bug there.

David
bengt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry I am not understanding you?

Bengt
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - the 'icon' or similar that appears under the rank at the left hand side of your posts. I'm seeing an icon that shows 'picture unavailable' (the red cross in IE). If I read the source correctly, the 'avatar' selected is /modules/Forums/images/avatars/Sphere_animated2.gif, which doesn't exist on www.pocketgpsworld.com

I have no idea how this has happened...

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: